Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread
Jul 17, 2012 at 8:33 AM Post #4,711 of 5,992
I agree with you. :D
I only wish I could ear them to work. For 10 hours every day all I think about is getting home to listen to my Ultrasones. 
beyersmile.png

College is starting up in a month. I'm looking forward to walking around with them on my head like a boss hehehehehe. There are many, many Beats users at college walking around thinking they're cool. Pshhhh.
PSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Jul 17, 2012 at 9:04 AM Post #4,712 of 5,992
Quote:
No... if you're getting the D7000, the Pro 900 won't even come close to keeping up, other than having even more bass. The D7000 is on a whole other level from the Pro 900s, IMHO.
IF you feel that after having listened to the D7000s, you need more bass, THEN you can say the Pro 900 warrants a look. However, you will be downgrading EVERYTHING else.

Thanks.  I am having to wait until September to get my AHD7000's and am still sorely tempted to get the Pro 900's as well but only if they are going to give me something more.  I use my cans only for music and atthe moment have a solitary pair of DT990's (which are great) but given the Denon's alleged 'relaxed' sound I wondered if the Pro 900's would be a viable alternative for music when I want a bit more 'in your face' bass.

Jul 17, 2012 at 1:06 PM Post #4,713 of 5,992
It depends on the type of bass you want. If you're looking for "in your face" bass, the Pro 900s probably aren't what you need. The M-Audio Q40s will rock you with sub bass far better than the Pro 900s. But, the Pro 900s have better bass depth (along with better of the other ranges).

Jul 18, 2012 at 2:49 AM Post #4,715 of 5,992
Quote:
Although Ultrasone Pro900 has quite a good sound quality but with price tag$330seem to be overpriced!
The whole headphone construction is made of plastic. Alternative, you could spend less than half to get ATH-M50which has been known for superior sound quality with reasonable price. Or you need more bass, then get ATH-PRO700MK2.

There is no way the M50s come near PRO900s, especially for bass reproduction. The PRO900s are actually over $500; $350+ is actually the street price, and what you can expect to pay on Amazon, for example. Its housing is all plastic, which is a little disappointing, but the sound more than makes up for it. That's the premium you pay over the M50.

Jul 18, 2012 at 7:20 AM Post #4,717 of 5,992
I think my Pro 900s are imbalanced. One side is more treble heavy than the other. I guess a replacement is in order.

Jul 18, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #4,720 of 5,992
Has the Pro 2900s been compared to the Pro 900s in this thread?  If so can someone point me to the page?

I compared them. Check my guide on my sig.

Katun: Yes, I prefer the fun of the Pro 900, whereas the Pro 2900 doesn't really sound open, loses bass presence, and still has recessed mids. Also the treble is more fatiguing.

Jul 20, 2012 at 6:22 AM Post #4,722 of 5,992
Quote:
Im finally buying my Pro 900's tomorrow!!! Im so excited I have been wanting these for a longgg time! Also, can I wash the earpads, and how can I tell a fake pair from a real pair?

I've never seen anyone encounter fake Pro 900s. I wouldn't wash them directly in water, I just use a damp cloth and it does the job.

Jul 20, 2012 at 9:33 AM Post #4,723 of 5,992
Quote:
Has anyone experimented with Kees' mod variations?
I was testing out different damping areas. I didn't like the whole pad just being behind the driver. It seemed to suffocate it. So, I cut out where the driver is and the felt pad would be and fit the cotton pad in the back. It sounded much better, but the the sound stage was too forward for my taste. It seems to cancel out the purpose of S-Logic by taking the depth out of the music. So, I tried dampening specific areas. I tried the back half (where your ear would be) and that took away all the bass. I tried the top half of the cup and that just made it sound funny. However, it seems even a small amount of the cotton somewhere will help add a bit of control and precision to the bass. And I got an idea. What about putting the cotton padding on the back of the driver plate? Maybe cut out a circle (like a doughnut) and fit it around the back of the driver. Or maybe fit it around the back of the air holes (around them, not covering them).
I will try it out later when I get home, but I don't want to keep taking this thing apart over and over.

Did you ever try putting the circle on the back of the plate? I'm curious to find out how that turned out!! 
dt880smile.png

Jul 20, 2012 at 11:29 AM Post #4,724 of 5,992
Quote:
Did you ever try putting the circle on the back of the plate? I'm curious to find out how that turned out!! 
dt880smile.png

No, I haven't. I don't want to start taking it apart again over and over. I'm worried about the screws. It's only plastic. :p

Jul 20, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #4,725 of 5,992
Is it normal for these to be so hard to drive? At max volume on my D4 mamba, it's really loud but I can still bear it. Also, when I went to the store and hooked it up to the amp, it was a lot lower volume than the AHD7ks and HD650s/700s connected to the same amp...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back