Ultrasone Pro 900 Frequency Response
Dec 13, 2009 at 1:06 PM Post #31 of 37
The funniest thing in this headphone hobby is that there's significant differences even between different versions of the same model. And this fact is highly underrated among many. Regardless, there are countless heated discussions about tiny specifics while not even the base of discussion is identical because many of us probably have different sounding versions.
The sad thing is: you never know what you'll get (take note of the HD800 graphs provided by Sennheiser), so listening with your own ears is always the best option.
When you even add different measurement methods to the equation, the confusion is complete. All I can say for myself is that my measurements seem to reflect what I'm hearing subjectively. At least with the particular versions of headphones I have/had at hand.

Dec 13, 2009 at 2:22 PM Post #32 of 37
See this WEB site.
ƒwƒbƒhƒzƒ“ ULTRASONE PRO900
If you can not read Japanese.you can see images.

pro900_f.gif

I think the most important peak is around 6.5K.

Dec 13, 2009 at 6:43 PM Post #33 of 37
I came across something interesting while going thourgh the Headroom graphs:

graphCompare.php

Very very similar response from these two headphones. Has anyone compared the two to justify any similarity?

Edit: sorry this might be slightly off topic.

Dec 13, 2009 at 8:42 PM Post #34 of 37
ED 8 for 16$ do we have a giant killer here
biggrin.gif

Dec 13, 2009 at 10:21 PM Post #36 of 37
That latest graph is simply hilarious, no way the KSC75 has that much amount of bass, its nice and punchy but not nearly as pronounced. Pro900 on the other hand, as can be witnessed in all the measurments, The bass can be truly stuning in double meaning way.

Dec 14, 2009 at 8:19 AM Post #37 of 37
I have just bought a pair of Pro900's and find them an excellent headphone and one of the most even sounding headphones over the whole frequency spectrum that I have owned, much better than my AKG701's and Beyer DT880 (until I recabled my Beyers), I also haven't found the bass overblown infact I find the bass just right for my listening, just enough weight and well extended much better than any of my other headphones, perhaps its all down to the equipment used and what your own musical preferences are. On the subject of frequency curves and measurement, it is very difficult to obtain accurate and meaningfull frequency measurements with transducers such as loudspeakers and headphones and although useful can be misleading, I would let your own ears do the talking, also in acoustic engineering a dip in the frequency curve at around 2.5khz is often engineered into speakers as this can improve vocals and again a rise in frequency at around 6/7khz as this can increase the image height perception, I must say vocals are particularly good using the Pro900s, I have found the Pro's an excellent headphone and sounds great straight from the box, not like my AKG's which took more than 100hours and even then although they sounded better the overall sound balance had not really changed, my only gripe with the Pro's is the 3.5mm headset connector I initially found this connection was hit or miss I think I would prefer a directly soldered connection particularly as the supplied cable seems to match the headphone sound well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back