Ultrasone Panther Anyone?
Dec 7, 2020 at 7:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

NewMexiCat

100+ Head-Fier
So I'm in the market for a balanced portable DAC/amp that is MFi Apple certified for easy use with my iPhone, and while I am very familiar with the FiiO models and a few other alternatives, the Ultrasone Panther has caught my attention and seems to check a lot of boxes. Problem is there is very little out there in terms of reviews and not a peep that I can find on Head-Fi.

Can anyone chime in who either owns, or has heard one, on its sound signature and performance versus the way more popular and well known Chord Mojo or FiiO Q5s?

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2020 at 4:18 PM Post #2 of 5
So I'm in the market for a balanced portable DAC/amp that is MFi Apple certified for easy use with my iPhone, and while I am very familiar with the FiiO models and a few other alternatives, the Ultrasone Panther has caught my attention and seems to check a lot of boxes. Problem is there is very little out there in terms of reviews and not a peep that I can find on Head-Fi.

Can anyone chime in who either owns, or has heard one, on its sound signature and performance versus the way more popular and well known Chord Mojo or FiiO Q5s?

https://headfonics.com/ultrasone-panther-review/

:)

Nov 13, 2021 at 11:45 PM Post #3 of 5
Nov 5, 2022 at 5:07 PM Post #4 of 5
I've got 2. The first had the USB port break. I dropped it, so I won't blame the manufacturer. It seems to be an easy fix. I'm using the new one with an iOS device. So it's bitperfect. It's going fine for now.

Pros: stated 350mw single ended, 950mw balanced output. Small footprint and weight (it's slightly smaller than an iPhone 5). Tone control (only treble reduction). Low and high gain switch. Decent battery life.

Cons: very smooth volume/select knob; so smooth that changing the volume is difficult. It uses micro USB for input. It only has a 2.5mm output for balanced cables. Treble reduction is the only tone control. Only single ended line in.

I'll do an indepth review later.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2022 at 10:25 AM Post #5 of 5
I've got 2. The first had the USB port break. I dropped it, so I won't blame the manufacturer. It seems to be an easy fix. I'm using the new one with an iOS device. So it's bitperfect. It's going fine for now.

Pros: stated 350mw single ended, 950mw balanced output. Small footprint and weight (it's slightly smaller than an iPhone 5). Tone control (only treble reduction). Low and high gain switch. Decent battery life.

Cons: very smooth volume/select knob; so smooth that changing the volume is difficult. It uses micro USB for input. It only has a 2.5mm output for balanced cables. Treble reduction is the only tone control. Only single ended line in.

I'll do an indepth review later.
Thank you sir! Two years after my inquiry, I still can find very little critical analysis of this DAC/amp. Looking forward to your review and what headphones/IEMs you have paired with the Panther.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back