ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
Apr 11, 2021 at 10:28 PM Post #2,416 of 2,431
A month into my purchase, still very much liking the Signature Pro's. I ended up taking out of the HD650 headband, as one side kept sliding out. Find the headband is tolerable if I don't place on certain parts of my head, a bit towards the back and it feels fine. As far as earpads, I ended up ordering the microfiber stPads from Yaxi. They are alright, they look a bit sucked in on the outer sides. Sound is good though, I think with the S-Logic and how driver opening is on these the earpads don't matter as much as they would on other earphones where the entire driver is exposed.

I did talk with Ultrasone a bit about earpads. They said the pads from the DXP and Studio models will fit and sound about the same, just won't have the luxurious feel of the Pro/DJ earpads, which are Ethiopian sheepskin. They also said the silver velvet earpads would fit as well. They also went on to say that the headband could be replaced with an alcantra model if desired, but headphone would need to be sent in for that, didn't inquire about price. Overall feel much better about their support. The higher prices on shipping right now are due to covid.

But yeah they sound great, low-reaching and well defined bottom end. Mids are there, not too far back, not too far forward. Highs are all there, well detailed. Overall pretty neutral, but not boring. I think what makes these stand out is their imaging ability. They image like no other headphones that I've heard, think it's the s-logic business. They are definitely keepers, hard to come by closed headphones that are of this quality.
I probably should have suggested adding a couple small squares of a 3M-type double stick tape (NOT the foam type, but the rubberized type) to the underside of the HD-650 headband pad to keep it in place. My apologies.........

Jul 24, 2021 at 5:55 PM Post #2,417 of 2,431
CCD5A17E-A837-438C-8430-0BF4C991E781.jpeg

So I have been combining some stuff and use this combination now. Love the sound and experience it gives me, and it’s portable too.

Ultrasone Signature Pro - Khadas Tone2 Pro - Belkin 10.000 mAh powebank - Hidizs Lightning to USB-C - iPad Mini 4 running Tidal or Roon.

Would like to try some other pads. Yaxi stPads fit?

Jul 25, 2021 at 2:08 AM Post #2,418 of 2,431
CCD5A17E-A837-438C-8430-0BF4C991E781.jpeg
So I have been combining some stuff and use this combination now. Love the sound and experience it gives me, and it’s portable too.

Ultrasone Signature Pro - Khadas Tone2 Pro - Belkin 10.000 mAh powebank - Hidizs Lightning to USB-C - iPad Mini 4 running Tidal or Roon.

Would like to try some other pads. Yaxi stPads fit?

I though Tone2 has very low output via 3.5 mm and could not drive pro, maybe I am wrong. You love the sound, then all good.

Signature Pro my favorite as well, like bass texture and slam. Did try brainwavz pads, but like stock better.

Jul 25, 2021 at 2:31 AM Post #2,419 of 2,431
I though Tone2 has very low output via 3.5 mm and could not drive pro, maybe I am wrong. You love the sound, then all good.

Signature Pro my favorite as well, like bass texture and slam. Did try brainwavz pads, but like stock better.
The Sig Pro doesn’t need so much in my experience. The Tone2 Pro does 32Ω- 125mW(2.0Vrms) on the 3.5. I also tried it with a Drop THX AAA one as amp on the rca outputs, but it really didn’t need it.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2021 at 3:09 AM Post #2,420 of 2,431
The Sig Pro doesn’t need so much in my experience. The Tone2 Pro does 32Ω- 125mW(2.0Vrms) on the 3.5. I also tried it with a Drop THX AAA one as amp on the rca outputs, but it really didn’t need it.
Changed the stock earpads to Yaxi stPad Microfiber earpads. They don’t fit perfect, but close enough. They work better for me.

Last edited:
May 21, 2022 at 7:09 PM Post #2,421 of 2,431
Mine got in today, a used pair, serial 2455. They look nearly untouched, though, aside from a nick on the case (which still has the protective plastic on the plate, to boot). I didn't know what to expect, but I like the sound out of the box quite a lot! I'm going to break them in and see where they end up. I'm glad to have picked these up :)

May 21, 2022 at 7:12 PM Post #2,422 of 2,431
Also, it's WILD how much better than the Signature DJs these image.

Jun 5, 2022 at 12:21 AM Post #2,424 of 2,431
me too

Jun 5, 2022 at 9:48 AM Post #2,425 of 2,431
💪

Jun 19, 2022 at 12:10 PM Post #2,428 of 2,431
i used to pair it to my sr71/sr71a but these days i'm just using it to my sony daps
Wow, I haven't heard mention of *any Ray Samuels gear here in a while!

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2022 at 2:28 PM Post #2,429 of 2,431
Signature pro with the fiio m17 is simply amazing especially with electronic music. I have way more expensive headphones but this is my current favourite pairing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back