Ultrasone "iPod cable"?
Sep 17, 2009 at 6:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

nraymond

500+ Head-Fier
Hi, I recently purchased a pair of Ultrasone PROline 650 headphones (which I am really enjoying, even during their break-in), and I'd really like a cord that ends in a 3.5mm jack, rather than having to adapt a 1/4" jack to a mini when I want to use it on portable equipment - any rotation of the adapter causes the left channel to cut out frequently, and the adapter makes things very bulky.

I've noticed that on the Ultrasone site they list item no. 49202 for $15.95:

Ultrasone Inc. 49202 - Cable - PRO series - iPod

However the description is simply:

"iPod cable for PRO series (80 cm)"

No mention of whether it ends in a 3.5mm jack, which is what I'm after (though a shorter cable is also a good thing in this case). No picture of it either. I emailed Ultrasone through their web site asking about what type of jack the cable ends with (and mentioning the type of headphones I have), and all I got back was, "Yes the 49202 IPod cable will work on your headphones." Not quite the info I was looking for!

So, anyone here have this cable and can confirm the jack on the end? Any info much appreciated!

Sep 18, 2009 at 3:29 AM Post #2 of 4
That response they sent you was pretty lame. I used Google Translate to browse the German shop. Check out the short black cable in accessories. Looks like a winner, and presumably that "iPod cable" is the same.

Ultrasone also sponsors a forum here. You might be able to communicate with a rep who can better answer your question. See this thread.

Sep 18, 2009 at 5:13 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by agonzalez78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The cable does end in the 3.5mm.
Personally though, i feel the cable is about 6in too short. Other than that, the cable is great.

Thanks! I've ordered the cable.

I also ordered the Sennheiser 1/4" to 3.5mm adapter cable (item no. 092595, which looks like it's a couple inches long), so that I can adapt the longer cables that come with the headphones in a more useful way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back