Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call)
Apr 2, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #1,891 of 2,312
Nice work! I think the Ultrasones are one of those headphones that look much better in person than in the pictures; the stock renderings don't capture the brushed finish well. It's a shame they scratch so easily; I've been babying my Pro 900's to stop that from happening.

Apr 2, 2013 at 10:16 PM Post #1,892 of 2,312
Thanks!

I thought I was very careful with the 780's as well, then you get that first little scratch on that sweet shine and it's like a door dent in a new car...

Apr 2, 2013 at 11:23 PM Post #1,893 of 2,312
Quote:
Nice work! I think the Ultrasones are one of those headphones that look much better in person than in the pictures; the stock renderings don't capture the brushed finish well. It's a shame they scratch so easily; I've been babying my Pro 900's to stop that from happening.

I left the clear plastic on that covers the cups on both my PRO750s and 900s for about 4 years.  After 4 years I said "it's time"...lol...

beerchug.gif

Apr 4, 2013 at 3:05 AM Post #1,895 of 2,312
Quote:

Mine (DJ1) show normal signs of wear 'n tear, like some scratches and tears in the ear cuffs.  Other than that they're still amazing, considering I treat my headphones like **** sometimes lol.  I've gone through three Sennheiser HD 205's, one had the 3.5mm jack bent into my old iPod Classic's headphone jack (it's still there
tongue.gif
), and the other two suffered cord damage -___-

Apr 4, 2013 at 3:33 AM Post #1,897 of 2,312
Quote:

Mine (DJ1) show normal signs of wear 'n tear, like some scratches and tears in the ear cuffs.  Other than that they're still amazing, considering I treat my headphones like **** sometimes lol.  I've gone through three Sennheiser HD 205's, one had the 3.5mm jack bent into my old iPod Classic's headphone jack (it's still there
tongue.gif
), and the other two suffered cord damage -___-

Actually, I've been wondering about that. How long do the ear pads typically last? I'm hoping they're fairly durable, considering Ultrasone charges $50 for a replacement pair.

Also, has anyone had issues with the rubberized coating flaking off the cups and headband? I've had this problem with other rubberized finishes, but maybe Ultrasone did a better job with theirs.

Apr 4, 2013 at 3:43 AM Post #1,898 of 2,312
Well speaking from personal experience with my DJ1, the cuffs themselves have lasted me almost two years and going.  After a quick look I just realized that my PADS (THAT'S the word I'm looking for) have just small tears that I couldn't care less about, but so far so good, remember this is coming from a person that tosses his headphones even though I paid $120 for them.  I haven't noticed any flaking, either.  Just some scratches on the outside of the cuffs and wishing these didn't hurt my ears after a couple of hours :'(

Apr 4, 2013 at 4:57 AM Post #1,899 of 2,312
So, I have my new Pro 900 and I am not totally sure what to think yet. I am burning them in currently with some pink noise and frequency sweeps.

First impressions are unsure.  I do like them, but I can say I was hoping for a little more controlled and punchy base. Plus, I was hoping the sound stage was a little bit wider than what I am hearing thus far.  I can also see why some people have mention that they sound somewhat veiled.  

What have others experienced from the burn in process on these cans?  I do hope they improve a little more.  Does anyone have a ball park figure of how many hours they gave for burn in before they heard a difference?

I am assuming that the bass will improve, but will the "veil" sound change, and the sound stage open a bit?

Apr 4, 2013 at 7:52 AM Post #1,900 of 2,312
Quote:
Chores, chores, chores around the house...A little PRO2500 & Clip Zip love.  Using the 2.7 ft. short Ultrasone cable and it is the perfect size for clipping (pun intended..lol) the Zip to the waistband.

Good times!!!

Quote:
I do the same thing with my HFI-780s. Works great . . . well, until I bend a certain way and the headphone cable pulls the clip loose. It doesn't have any weight to anchor it. LOL

The best thing is to wear a shirt with a chest pocket, so the Clip doesn't get pulled loose. I only buy T-shirts with chest pockets, and that is the reason. I used to carry my smokes in the pockets years ago, but I don't smoke anymore, so now it is the Clip pocket. Clip it to the pocket with the Clip facing you, and the controls and screen are easy access.

L3000.gif

Apr 5, 2013 at 1:32 PM Post #1,902 of 2,312
Quote:
So, I have my new Pro 900 and I am not totally sure what to think yet. I am burning them in currently with some pink noise and frequency sweeps.

First impressions are unsure.  I do like them, but I can say I was hoping for a little more controlled and punchy base. Plus, I was hoping the sound stage was a little bit wider than what I am hearing thus far.  I can also see why some people have mention that they sound somewhat veiled.  

What have others experienced from the burn in process on these cans?  I do hope they improve a little more.  Does anyone have a ball park figure of how many hours they gave for burn in before they heard a difference?

I am assuming that the bass will improve, but will the "veil" sound change, and the sound stage open a bit?

I would leave them going overnight for a couple days and see what you think. But after that you kind of have to just LISTEN for a while. They grow on you a lot. After using them for a couple days, go back to whatever else you were using. I've really only appreciated my new Ultrasones whenever I do that test.

ON AN UNRELATED NOTE!

After a month away from home, my Sig Pro's are in transit from Germany. The engineer personally had a look at them, and I was right about the channel discrepancies. They replaced both drivers and did some pretty extensive listening tests, and I'll have them back Monday. :)

Apr 11, 2013 at 9:56 PM Post #1,904 of 2,312
Those plastic covers are great... Unfortunately there is a little voice in my head that always says "PEEL IT, PEEL IT NOW!" whenever I see them.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Apr 19, 2013 at 2:26 PM Post #1,905 of 2,312
Well, I just ordered a set of HFI-15G. I've loved my HFI-780s, and I needed an open-back design for portable use, and I've had PortaPros and PX100s before, so in a search I found the 15g on Amazon. They should be here middle of next week.
smile_phones.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back