Ultrasone Edition 11 LTD - mini review
Nov 17, 2023 at 4:09 PM Post #33 of 57
Everyone 🤫🤫🤫🤫. I think I may have found diamond and gold after nearly 3 to 4 years.

Peak, FR 28, db -1.2, Q 2.5

Peak, FR 52, db 1.0, Q 3.0

Peak, FR 86, db -8.8, Q 0.5

Peak, FR 730, db 2.6, Q 0.8

Peak, FR 7600, db 8.3, Q 2.0

Low shelf, FR 105, db 3.5, Q 0.71

The Edition 11 sounds so so soooo much cleaner now. Yes the bass boom is taken slightly, but the sense of soundstage, imaging, clarity and actual bass detail is improved. I am really liking this a lot. Mess around with the low shelf and adjust to your liking. Anywhere between 120 hz to 80hz and 1 to 5 db is good. Leave the Q at 0.71. Happy listening 😁, a little early christmas present
Screenshot_20231118_080229_Chrome.jpg

Dec 6, 2023 at 11:15 AM Post #34 of 57
Everyone 🤫🤫🤫🤫. I think I may have found diamond and gold after nearly 3 to 4 years.

Peak, FR 28, db -1.2, Q 2.5

Peak, FR 52, db 1.0, Q 3.0

Peak, FR 86, db -8.8, Q 0.5

Peak, FR 730, db 2.6, Q 0.8

Peak, FR 7600, db 8.3, Q 2.0

Low shelf, FR 105, db 3.5, Q 0.71

The Edition 11 sounds so so soooo much cleaner now. Yes the bass boom is taken slightly, but the sense of soundstage, imaging, clarity and actual bass detail is improved. I am really liking this a lot. Mess around with the low shelf and adjust to your liking. Anywhere between 120 hz to 80hz and 1 to 5 db is good. Leave the Q at 0.71. Happy listening 😁, a little early christmas present
Hello! I am so happy and grateful someone posted some EQ settings for Edition 11.
I am a lucky and happy owner of Edition 11 and love to try out some parametric EQ settings with Roon while streaming Tidal or Qobuz.
Should it look anythign like this? (apologies for the link, I am new in the forum and still not really capable to upload a picture...)
EQ settings

Thanks a lot. I will let you have my feedback on your settings.

Edit: just tried out. Amazing, another pair of headphone. Rather counter intuitive for me at first but I love it. I have set for now the low shelf at 120 Hz and +6db as I like to keep some more bass. Anywhay I change it depending on the music I listen. If I want more details and clarity your settings sounds better to me.

Try to listen to "Acid Rain" by Lorn, it is amazing! And the bass are certainly still there!

Thanks again for sharing!

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2024 at 8:42 PM Post #35 of 57
Have had the Edition 11 on all day.
These could be "endgame" for me, for sure, with Classical and acoustic Jazz!
Their remarkable resolution, micro-dynamics and tonality put them in a whole 'nother league.
An altogether alluring and arresting listening session.

Jan 6, 2024 at 9:01 PM Post #36 of 57
Have had the Edition 11 on all day.
These could be "endgame" for me, for sure, with Classical and acoustic Jazz!
Their remarkable resolution, micro-dynamics and tonality put them in a whole 'nother league.
An altogether alluring and arresting listening session.
Hello! Did you try the EQ settings suggested? Or any other settings you feel like sharing? Thanks a lot!

Jan 8, 2024 at 4:00 PM Post #38 of 57
Have been trying out the @HardstyleLoco96 EQ settings* with a @Pulluca inspired tweak at 120 dB, except I used a Peak filter, with Gain set at +1.25 dB and Q=0.5: providing just enough added bass heft/contour and overhang for me. [*Also, attenuation at 86 Hz was set to -8.25 dB instead of -8.8. dB]

All-in-all, a clear(er)--and fuller--and more palpable sound. Soundstage seems to be more coherent/contiguous, with more natural bloom.

The Edition 11's resolution is (even more) remarkable! [While the Clear OG sound a bit veiled and a bit smeared by comparison. Am planning to swap in a NeoTech UPOCC 4x 22AWG solid silver headphone cable for the Ultrasones to see how much broader that gap might become.]

Really NICE! Thank you!

[Edition 11|NeoTech 4x 22AWG UPOCC solid copper cable<--S.M.S.L. SP400<--NeoTech NESY-3002 UPOCC solid copper RCA<--S.M.S.L. D400EX|32bit/384kHz|PCM Filter=Super Slow|Color=Sound 2<--ifi iPurifier3.0|USB Disruptor|Wyred4Sound Recovery<--ifi iSilencer+|AQ Jitterbug|Lenovo G50 [Apple Music . . . UPOCC power cords, PowerVar and TrippLite AC conditioners; MI Roller, RDC and Herbie's Gabon Ebony isolation devices]

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2024 at 5:27 PM Post #39 of 57
Getting a scratchy signal in right channel of the Edition 11. It started a few days ago. It will sound fine for the first half hour or so, then comes this static distortion. Might try cleaning the cable connections on the 11. Tried other cables and got the same problem.

No problem at all with other my headphones.

I wish Ultrasone had gone with more robust connections at the ear cups.

Just when I was getting settled in with and immensely enjoying the Edition 11, too(!).

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2024 at 6:43 PM Post #40 of 57
Getting a scratchy signal in right channel of the Edition 11. It started a few days ago. It will sound fine for the first half hour or so, then comes this static distortion. Might try cleaning the cable connections on the 11. Tried other cables and got the same problem.

No problem at all with other my headphones.

I wish Ultrasone had gone with more robust connections at the ear cups.

Just when I was getting settled in with and immensely enjoying the Edition 11, too(!).
Sorry to hear that! Let us know if you can solve the issue.
I have had no issue until now.

Jan 11, 2024 at 9:16 AM Post #42 of 57
Just used some contact cleaner and a fine bristle toothbrush to clean inlet connections to the Edition Eleven and all my jack-related connections. Also brushed out the inside of the earcups to dislodge any [protruding?] hair that might have been stuck there.

So far, so good, Deo gratias(!). . . Will have to hear--or hopefully not hear [in terms of that static distortion]--what the next hour will bring . . .

Swapped in a NeoTech UPOCC 4x 22AWG solid silver headphone cable. These Ultrasones, especially with the EQ settings prescribed. are by far-and-away the best-sounding electro-dynamics that I have on hand. Their micro-dynamic delicacy and sweet musical tonality are what I am particularly enjoying at the moment.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2024 at 10:31 AM Post #43 of 57
Just used contacr cleaner and a fine bristle toothbrush to clean inlet connections to the Edition Eleven and all my jack-related connections. Also brushed out the inside of the earcups to dislodge any [protruding?] hair that might have been stuck there.

So far, so good, Deo gratias(!). . . Will have to hear--or hopefully not hear [in terms of that static distortion]--what the next hour will bring . . .

Swapped in a NeoTech UPOCC 4x 22AWG solid silver headphone cable. These Ultrasones, especially with the EQ settings prescribed. are by far-and-away the best-sounding electro-dynamics that I have on hand. Their micro-dynamic delicacy and sweet musical tonality are what I am particularly enjoying at the moment.
Very happy to hear that. Is the cable upgrade noticeable in term of Sound Quality compared to the stock cable? Can you put a link of the cable specs as I am not really capable to find it on the Neotech site. Or help me to understand how to assemble it on the site and its potential cost?

Jan 11, 2024 at 11:44 AM Post #44 of 57
It's a 4 cores, one meter-ish cable, so about 4.25-ish meters [or about 14 feet] of 22 AWG NeoTech UPOCC solid core silver hook-up wire:

1704989459450.png

Cost: 14 x $17.68 = $247.52 USD

1x Furutech 4-pin XLR connector:

1704989819212.png

Cost: $29.00 USD

2x Furutech 4-pin mini XLR connectors:

1704989979881.png

Cost: 2x $22.00 = $44.00 USD

Mundorf Supreme solder at $3.00/foot [I bought about a foot]:

1704990575404.png

Cost: $3.00

Total Cost [parts only]: $247.52 + $29.00 + $44.00 + $3.00 = $323.52 USD

This is for a premium, ultra-pure, solid silver cable. The best cable I have ever owned/used/heard. A comparable "boutique" cable might cost 2x to 3x more.

IMG_20210114_092624380.jpg

NOTE: I originally got this cable for the HEDDphone, and had to get mini 4-pin XLR-to-2-pin IEM adapters, with silver wire, made for it. I imagine the IEM terminations would cut the cost a good bit but might also be difficult to fabricate with the 22AWG solid core cable.

IMG_20240111_174325789_HDR.jpgIMG_20240111_174443116_HDR.jpgIMG_20240111_174506598_HDR.jpg

I also have a 2 meter 4x 22AWG solid core copper cable that sounds excellent with the Edition 11 [at about 1/3 the cost in parts as compared to the silver cable]. It uses a Neutrik 4-pin XLR and REAN mini 4-pin XLRs. I actually use this cable more than I do the silver one [because the length is more convenient].

IMG_20210114_092546429.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2024 at 7:19 AM Post #45 of 57
Have been trying out the @HardstyleLoco96 EQ settings* with a @Pulluca inspired tweak at 120 dB, except I used a Peak filter, with Gain set at +1.25 dB and Q=0.5: providing just enough added bass heft/contour and overhang for me. [*Also, attenuation at 86 Hz was set to -8.25 dB instead of -8.8. dB]

All-in-all, a clear(er)--and fuller--and more palpable sound. Soundstage seems to be more coherent/contiguous, with more natural bloom.

The Edition 11's resolution is (even more) remarkable! [While the Clear OG sound a bit veiled and a bit smeared by comparison. Am planning to swap in a NeoTech UPOCC 4x 22AWG solid silver headphone cable for the Ultrasones to see how much broader that gap might become.]

Really NICE! Thank you!

[Edition 11|NeoTech 4x 22AWG UPOCC solid copper cable<--S.M.S.L. SP400<--NeoTech NESY-3002 UPOCC solid copper RCA<--S.M.S.L. D400EX|32bit/384kHz|PCM Filter=Super Slow|Color=Sound 2<--ifi iPurifier3.0|USB Disruptor|Wyred4Sound Recovery<--ifi iSilencer+|AQ Jitterbug|Lenovo G50 [Apple Music . . . UPOCC power cords, PowerVar and TrippLite AC conditioners; MI Roller, RDC and Herbie's Gabon Ebony isolation devices]
Finally I have found some time to try out your settings.... It is slightly clearer. I can hear a bit more details and clarity at the expenses of some bass and warmth. I personally find your tweek to sound nicer for very dense songs that requirer higher separation. Thanks for sharing! BTW I am trying it with a tube amp. The Cayin HA-1A with a set of Genalex new gold lion tubes. So a bit on the warm side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back