Ultrasone Dj1 Pro at $100 or HFI-2400 at $195?
Oct 10, 2012 at 11:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

earplug

100+ Head-Fier
I recently got an Ultrasone DJ1 Pro for around $100 used, and I really like it. This got me curious about other Ultrasone models. The HFI-2400 is currently $195 shipped, 3rd party fulfilled by Amazon.

The 2400 is open-back, so the soundstage should be bigger. Of course, that means no sound isolation though. I might be willing to overlook that if the sound is a step above the DJ1 Pro. I've also read that the 2400 has really good bass.

On the other hand, the DJ1 Pro is closed-back which I like for the sound isolation. It comes with more accessories than the 2400, so there's better value there. It has decent bass, and I can always turn on the bass boost on my Fiio amps if I want a little more. The soundstage is pretty good for a closed can.

Fit should be the same since they both seem to use the same headband, and the ear cups seem to be the same size. The DJ1 Pro pleather pads are comfortable, and I'm happy with them. The 2400 velours might be more comfortable though since the material should be softer.

Is the HFI-2400 at $195 a good value compared to the DJ1 Pro at $100? I've been thinking about buying the 2400 for the past week. Right now, I'm leaning towards not buying the 2400 since it costs $95 more than what I paid for the DJ1 Pro. That, and I'm trying to save up for Back Friday. Still, I do have that urge to try out new headphones right now. I'm happy with the DJ1 Pro, so I'm just looking at the HFI-2400 out of curiosity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back