Ultra low bandwidth version of Head-Fi?
Apr 29, 2005 at 3:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

bangraman

Headphoneus Supremus
Is there a way to get a 'skeleton' version of Head-Fi? Text only?

Disabling picture display makes for odd site viewing. On rarer occasions, I'll check PM's from a PDA then browse a few other forums. It would be really good if there was a way to make the site PDA-friendly too.

Are there settings I've missed? Are there perhaps filter sites I could squirt Head-Fi content through?? Have I put enough question marks in this post?!?

Apr 29, 2005 at 4:19 PM Post #3 of 10
PDA friendly head-fi

sweet, now i can use head-fi when i get my pda...

it seems that if you want to post, you have to load the full version, but you can do this one page at a time

Apr 29, 2005 at 5:26 PM Post #4 of 10
Would be cool for my blackberry
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 29, 2005 at 9:59 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
this would have to be configured your browser more so then on the headfi end.
Your browser is defined to accept and evaluate HTML/JSP/ASP tags, then execute accordingly. This forum is full of jpegs, and uses cookies on your side to
maintain session data. That stuff is a must since this site has dynamic content (it's a forum you know). You can make your browser ignore jpegs though, and restrict your view, but it wouldn't be pretty. It might even be confusing to use.

Confused. Which browser "evaluates" JSP and ASP tags? Name me one. I would really like to know since that means I've been wasting my time with JSP and Servlets using Tomcat and Weblogic for the past 3 years.
blink.gif

All joking aside to reply to your statement, you need a servlet container or equivalent to compile those tags and send out the "HTML" resulting from it.

Apr 29, 2005 at 11:23 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by psychogentoo
Confused. Which browser "evaluates" JSP and ASP tags? Name me one. I would really like to know since that means I've been wasting my time with JSP and Servlets using Tomcat and Weblogic for the past 3 years.
blink.gif

All joking aside to reply to your statement, you need a servlet container or equivalent to compile those tags and send out the "HTML" resulting from it.

I'll do exactly what I do when my web developers start talking about stuff like this, which is nod knowledgeably... then go to a different bunch of guys and ask "what the hell were they talking about?"

The archived plain-text version doesn't make posting any easier. It is what I sometimes try and use but it would just be nice if there was a way of going to a full-function reduced bandwidth version.

Apr 30, 2005 at 12:09 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by psychogentoo
blink.gif

yo,
go easy on me, im just learning them right now too haha.

never mind what i said, i was confused. I know what jsp's are, but the stuff is giving me a head ache. When i was really trying to say was the html tags to fetch the jpegs and stuff are handled by the browser. Maybe im wrong?

forget the jsp stuff, that didnt make sense.

Apr 30, 2005 at 1:10 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmmmmm
PDA friendly head-fi

sweet, now i can use head-fi when i get my pda...

it seems that if you want to post, you have to load the full version, but you can do this one page at a time

This works nice on my Motorola MPx200 in Internet Explorer, and the MPx200 only has a 176 pixel-wide screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back