Ultra flat response headphones with wide stage?
Apr 9, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #46 of 49
Phwew...
I was worried you wire transferred the $$$ already.  You'd be completely hosed in that case.  PASS on this one.

The reality is, its easy to set up a scam like this the "depths that scammers go to"... really are ankle deep at most.  20 minutes in a Nigerian www cafe with a couple others is all it takes.  All they need is one victim and the scam is worth the effort.

Apr 9, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #47 of 49
Sad, plain sad. Good there's such a helpful forum around, so thank you all.

Back on topic (now the HD800 "deal" falled through): What are the most analytical, flat, incredibly detailed (that's most important) phones for under 500$?

It's important that they have a wide stage.
I'd use them for classical music with my Blue Sky eXo2 preamp. And I want to hear exactly where all the instruments are positioned, which player is turning a page, the valves of the woodwinds and the wood resin on the bows :)

I've ruled out the AKG K701 (like the sound a lot, but too uncomfortable for me). I have an eye on a Fostex T40RP (mod it diy according to BMF's DBV#3 tutorial), Fischer Audio FA-003, maybe an LFF Paradox (can't try it first though). I'd love to try the Sony SA3000 but it's somewhat hard to find in switzerland. Same goes for the Audio Technica AD900X.

Apr 9, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #48 of 49
Cross the T40RP / mad dog off the list.  Its probably the most open sounding closed can in its price range, or at least one of the top 2-3.  But I found it still has a little of that closed-in-earcup sound.  Important to note though I'm citing the the K701 as a reference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back