ULTIMATE OVER EAR BLUETOOTH WIRELESS HEADPHONE
Jul 14, 2018 at 6:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

vidzegg

Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I need help in recommendation for best Bluetooth audiophile quality headphone. Here are my absolute criteria

1. Very comfortable
  2. Sound quality, usually prefer balanced non fatiguing signature. For reference, my favorite wired headphone is Hifiman edition X V2.
  3. Loudness ( greatly overlooked factor in wireless headphones because you are stuck with peak loudness level, using wire and amp will defeat the purpose of wireless). i really like to blast my ears sometimes.
Budget is unlimited.

My set up is laptop and use is youtube music videos ( pop, rock) and movies. No high quality audio files

I have tried these

1. Bose QC 35 ( great for daily use but not audiophile grade)
  2. Sony 1000 xm2 ( like bose but better sound, not loud enough for me)
  3. PSB M4U 8 wireless ( loud , good quality but clampy and uncomfortable)
  4. B&O H9i ( thin sounding)
  5. V-Moda Crossfade 2 ( uncomfortable, too bass heavy)
  6. Momentum wireless ( decent sound but almost on ear for me, not loud enough

Only options left are

1. Master & Dynamic MW60S2
  2. Parrot Zik 3
  3. Amiron Wireless
  4. NAD viso Hp 70
  5. i have read good things about Audio Technica ATH-WS99BT

I am not considering Audio Technica ATH-DSR9BT( low bass, needs high quaiity files to shine), Bower Wilkin PX ( uncomfortable)

Any comments , suggestion or comparisons of remaining options ? Ideas ?

Jul 15, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #3 of 8
Ultimate or best is of course subjective. I've listened to, or purchased - returned several bluetooth cans. The only one I stuck with is the audio technica ath ws99bt. It indeed gets louder than most. I would consider it relatively balanced, and I've never found it fatiguing. It sounds especially good with the Neutron Music app. It's definitely an on ear, but the pads can be swapped for something like one of the Brainwavz models. Though they may look ridiculous, and I don't know how it will affect the sound quality.

Jul 15, 2018 at 9:33 PM Post #4 of 8
Thanks for the response. I wrote ultimate because i was hoping that this one thread will contain range of opinions about most of the big players i listed above but I agree that sound is totally subjective which makes this quest fascinating and frustrating simultaneously. I am surprised that more people are not interested in audiophile quality Bluetooth headphone. Surely, with advancing technology, one must be around the corner.

Well, I am just going to order Amiron Wireless and ath ws99bt and see how it goes. I am not going to wear them in public so looks are not my concern. Just sound quality and comfort.

Amiron wireless looks closet to what i am looking for except for V shaped sound signature. I guess i will EQ for better mids.

Jul 23, 2018 at 9:24 AM Post #5 of 8
If you think the B&O H9i sound thin then perhaps you need to look at your source or have your ears checked!

Feb 19, 2019 at 4:12 AM Post #6 of 8
Is the Sony 1000 MX 3 the new top gun now?

Feb 22, 2019 at 3:46 AM Post #8 of 8
What's the bass like with these. Thanks
I'm sorry but I haven't had any long listening session with these yet and when I did hear it for like a minute or two, it wasn't with my music so I can't really comment.

I hope to compare these to the Bose Quiet Comfort 35 MK 2 some time. I have the Parrot Zik 2 but I prefer an over the ear HP instead of on ear.

Are there any other brands/models to seriously consider?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back