Ultimate Ears UE PRO 18+ Discussions and Impressions
Jul 3, 2018 at 12:28 PM Post #286 of 462
I'm this close to getting the Gen 3, actually in 12 hours I'll be auditioning the v2 and placing an order for Gen 3. Please can you tell me the main differences? Or when your review will be up?

I'll be writing it tomorrow, it's 12am now and I'm heading to bed. To be blunt, my impressions of the 3rd Gen are not positive.

EDIT: reposting on this page of the thread for visibility:

Well... it's official. The original UE18+ (A.K.A. "2nd Gen") and the UE18+ 3rd Gen are completely different sounding monitors.

2nd Gen:
xFTNq2B.jpg

3rd Gen:
515Zc19.jpg

Comparison:
BYYEQXn.jpg

Writeup/"review" coming soon. Will update once I'm done.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2018 at 12:31 PM Post #287 of 462
I'll be writing it tomorrow, it's 12am now and I'm heading to bed. To be blunt, my impressions of the 3rd Gen are not positive.

ouch! Then I better hold off untill I can listen to them in person

Jul 3, 2018 at 4:13 PM Post #288 of 462
To be blunt, my impressions of the 3rd Gen are not positive.

Had high hopes on the 3rd Gen since I gave up on the Live and CIEMs that don't offer digital impressions. I enjoy the 2nd Gen immensely, but down the road would run into upgraditis. Really disappointing as one would expect a gradual improvement over generations.

Looking like TrueTone > TrueTonePlus in this case.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2018 at 4:33 PM Post #289 of 462
In my case, I did like the 3rd gen
if it wasn't of the sibilance I had with it. Well, the Live isnt as peaky like the 18+ 3rd gen because of the mid bass hump making the entire tone warm and did benefit from burn in but couldn't get over with the peak.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2018 at 5:11 PM Post #290 of 462
Tomorrow I'll be meeting my dealer and I'm looking at JH13 or jh16 now. I still haven't decided :triportsad:

Jul 4, 2018 at 5:02 PM Post #300 of 462
it would still be nice if You have a chance to listen youself :)

True! I might give it a try when it arrives. But for now I got the jh13v2. didn't see a big difference between the 13 and 16v2 to be honest. Infact I felt 13v2's detail retention was better than the 16v2. Really happy with what I ordered and super excited to get them. Shame what happened with the UE18s, it was my first choice till last night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back