Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Nov 24, 2014 at 4:21 PM Post #3,781 of 4,383
I find it funny they still use a photo of the 900 instead of the 900s with the unishell despite the confusion it cause a few months ago.
http://pro.ultimateears.com/products/custom-monitors/for-stage/ue-900s 

Nov 27, 2014 at 2:59 AM Post #3,782 of 4,383
Update to my left earpiece having a buzzing sound when played a certain frequency+nozzle pointed perpendicular to ground or upwards:

I assumed something was loose inside, took a wooden stick and hit it hard a few times and.. the buzzing is gone now ! 
etysmile.gif

Nov 27, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #3,783 of 4,383
No
Update to my left earpiece having a buzzing sound when played a certain frequency+nozzle pointed perpendicular to ground or upwards:

I assumed something was loose inside, took a wooden stick and hit it hard a few times and.. the buzzing is gone now ! :etysmile:

That what we call barbaric

Nov 28, 2014 at 5:55 AM Post #3,784 of 4,383
I sold my UE900, unfortunately they didn't live up to sound quality level I find satisfactory, I was struggling to enjoy them and think they're decent with certain genres, namely ambient albums, they fair well with electronic music providing you lift the volume quite high but throwing something like Diana Krall - "Frim Fram Sauce" and ahcieving imo quite underwhelming detail and performance was the decider on them leaving my house a few nights ago. By all means this isn't trying to stir anyone up, simply log the end of my UE900 journey.

I will stick with Fidue A83 or Altone200 (plus others for now)

As a contribution to my UE900 ownership I will leave you all this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZwecCPkUOM&list=RDmZwecCPkUOM#t=21

beerchug.gif

Nov 28, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #3,785 of 4,383
  I sold my UE900, unfortunately they didn't live up to sound quality level I find satisfactory, I was struggling to enjoy them and think they're decent with certain genres, namely ambient albums, they fair well with electronic music providing you lift the volume quite high but throwing something like Diana Krall - "Frim Fram Sauce" and ahcieving imo quite underwhelming detail and performance was the decider on them leaving my house a few nights ago. By all means this isn't trying to stir anyone up, simply log the end of my UE900 journey.

I will stick with Fidue A83 or Altone200 (plus others for now)

As a contribution to my UE900 ownership I will leave you all this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZwecCPkUOM&list=RDmZwecCPkUOM#t=21

beerchug.gif

Yes, I do agree that the UE 900 shines when the volume is raised to a comfortably loud level. Lower levels will throw a veil over the entire sound; it'll only start to appear moderately good to excellent at higher levels.

Anyway, as much as I like the UE 900, I am underwhelmed at times, as well. I'll definitely keep them, but they aren't as suitably enjoyable as an all-rounder than, say, my IM70s.

Nov 29, 2014 at 1:54 PM Post #3,786 of 4,383
Being a user of the UE900 since last summer I've decided to stop following this thread. I use the UE900 quite often as I've seemed to have lost my ASG-2 last time I was on call and the FA-4E XB are too resolving for mobile use / no synergy at all with LG G3. But overall the build quality is far too poor and the sound quality is not good enough for the price. Reading this thread the last months has brought me nothing but annoyance. For $100-200 they are good but no way are they worth the retail price in my book.

Dec 2, 2014 at 3:32 AM Post #3,787 of 4,383

I assumed something was loose inside, took a wooden stick and hit it hard a few times and.. the buzzing is gone now ! 
etysmile.gif

That's what i call thinking outside the box.

I had a buzzing/hissing coming out of the right earpiece. It would happen off and on with current songs (so I assumed) so i avoid playing current albums. After waiting a couple of days I started to notice that when I had my phone next to my Fiio x5 the hiss and buzzing would return. Thinking the problem was my phone I tired it out, I placed the x5 on top of my phone, the hissing/buzzing would come and go, overall there was a lot of it. Followed by having it about 6 inches to being right next to it, again the hissing/buzzing was there (only a little bit) but as I slide the phone father and father the hissing/buzzing stopped. So learned either keep my phone away from the x5 or the cables are pron to outside frequencies.

Dec 5, 2014 at 1:52 AM Post #3,788 of 4,383
Hi All — we're delighted to have the 900s as part of the UE Pro line. So happy in fact that we're giving away free 900s with any purchase of a custom IEM for the holidays. How's that for a value!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/744875/buy-a-pair-of-ue-pro-get-a-pair-of-ue900s-included

Dec 5, 2014 at 12:11 PM Post #3,791 of 4,383
Lost my ue900s last night. Rip. Its been a good 2 years we had our UPS and down. Might just get the ue reference monitor and a 900s with it because of the promotion or a sure se848. If anyone can give me advice on which to get that will help.

Dec 5, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #3,792 of 4,383
Lost my ue900s last night. Rip. Its been a good 2 years we had our UPS and down. Might just get the ue reference monitor and a 900s with it because of the promotion or a sure se848. If anyone can give me advice on which to get that will help.

The sound signature is extremely different. The UERM are very linear earphones that are incredibly unforgiving toward badly recorded tracks. They're perfect for purists that want to hear songs exactly the way they were recorded. But because of this, flaws of poorly recorded tracks are enhanced, so some tracks might come across as harsh or sloppy. The SE846 is more of a consumer brand of headphone that's a little more forgiving. Its strengths are in its phenomenal bass performance. There's also has the signature Shure house sound. Vocals are lush, and the highs are just bright enough without being harsh. With that said, go for the UERM if you're a discerning listener who wants to hear songs exactly the way they were recorded, and go for the SE846 if you want phenomenal bass and dynamic music. If you yearn for that custom molded fit, you can also get custom sleeves from Sensaphonics for the SE846, so you can have the best of both worlds.

Dec 5, 2014 at 12:50 PM Post #3,793 of 4,383
@dinerenblanc not sure if it was this form or another but I heard that the 900 and uerm has a similar sound signature is their any truth to this? Would the 900 be considered more consumer or purisit type of sound

Users who are viewing this thread

Back