Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
May 23, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #3,241 of 4,383
@tommy he could ask to demo a new one and it should be easy for him to bring his 900s to compare. Idk how long daz03 had his 900s but if it's not to long say maybe a wk. then the comparison should be easier anything longer will be hard to tell. Because it's not just clog and unclog. There partial clob one side being clog before the other ect. It's a lot of variable

May 23, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #3,242 of 4,383
@tommy he could ask to demo a new one and it should be easy for him to bring his 900s to compare. Idk how long daz03 had his 900s but if it's not to long say maybe a wk. then the comparison should be easier anything longer will be hard to tell. Because it's not just clog and unclog. There partial clob one side being clog before the other ect. It's a lot of variable

I agree. let's see. I hope Logitech or Mike Dias could shed some light hopefully as well.

May 23, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #3,243 of 4,383
they have not responded to my inqueries beyond the first one. when i told them there was no 3.5mm, they didn't respond.

also, how do you go about unclogging the pin bore if it gets clogged?

also mine are identical to daz03's. they have the same gel inside so you cant really see ****.

May 23, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #3,244 of 4,383
  they have not responded to my inqueries beyond the first one. when i told them there was no 3.5mm, they didn't respond.

also mine are identical to daz03's. they have the same gel inside so you cant really see ****.

I have not found a way to unclog to pinhole bore. Sooner or later it will get clogged up.  My 900 has the same thing, same gel inside can't see much.

May 23, 2014 at 1:27 PM Post #3,246 of 4,383
I don't think it's going to work. If anything I think the heat might damage the earphones and might even push the earwax further inside the shell. Apparently the 900s should have a different design to this part, which is why I was hoping we can get to the bottom of this issue with the 900/900s. 

May 23, 2014 at 1:32 PM Post #3,248 of 4,383
An effect that cloging had on the ue900 that I personally didt like was it took away the presence that it had. Its not sound stage its something different but that the best way I can explain it. And of course it lower the bass but who knows you might like the change

May 23, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #3,249 of 4,383

After asking me on 3 different occasions to send them photos of my headphones, the box, etc (I think I sent them 11 photos in total), they seem to have decided to stop responding. I suspect that customer support has had enough of my case and won't give me an answer to what is going on here. Hopefully someone else will have some better luck.

May 23, 2014 at 3:09 PM Post #3,250 of 4,383
This really is disturbing. Not ok to pack old things in new boxes and call them revised. Anyway. The clogging doesn't apply to everybody. Some people tend to have drier ear wax and are less prone to clogging the pinhole bore up. I've used my UE900 for a year soon and no clogging. I did however block it on purpose for a while. But no accidental clogging.

And danz, your UE900 look like the old ones. The UE900s are supposed to have a different driver configuration and less melted glue inside. That's one of the things that makes the UE900 feel like a non-premium product, the use of really ugly glue to fill up half of the shell.

May 23, 2014 at 7:23 PM Post #3,252 of 4,383
I think I am going to run a video on this, because I think people should know about what is happening. I review earphones but in the end I'm also a customer and it really really upsets me when I see things like this happening. 

Is it possible for the people who have received the UE900 with UE900s packaging and accessories to post here a complete account (with photos) of what they ordered and what their interaction with customer service has been like? I have been following this thread, but I would like to be able to reference (and link people to) specific single statements from people rather than making people read through pages upon pages of threads. 

That would be a great help and hopefully more scrutiny will get you a response on this issue.

May 23, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #3,253 of 4,383
I read an article from the BBC news website saying that most eastern Asians have dry ear wax, so maybe that's why UE don't think the clogging would happen in the eastern Asian market.

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-26527266
This really is disturbing. Not ok to pack old things in new boxes and call them revised. Anyway. The clogging doesn't apply to everybody. Some people tend to have drier ear wax and are less prone to clogging the pinhole bore up. I've used my UE900 for a year soon and no clogging. I did however block it on purpose for a while. But no accidental clogging.

And danz, your UE900 look like the old ones. The UE900s are supposed to have a different driver configuration and less melted glue inside. That's one of the things that makes the UE900 feel like a non-premium product, the use of really ugly glue to fill up half of the shell.

May 24, 2014 at 12:19 AM Post #3,254 of 4,383
I read an article from the BBC news website saying that most eastern Asians have dry ear wax, so maybe that's why UE don't think the clogging would happen in the eastern Asian market.

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-26527266

That can't be true, as I know plenty of people with not so dry ear wax, including myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back