Ultimate Ears TripleFi10x2 - A Crazy Idea.
Dec 14, 2010 at 2:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ProjectDenz

Headphoneus Supremus
I have a very crazy idea, would having 2 sets of TF10s molded into one 6 driver custom actually cause an increase in sound quality? This seems like an interesting theory to me as I love the TF10 sound signature but feel that the sound could be a bit more cleaner with more clarity.

Dec 14, 2010 at 2:39 PM Post #2 of 5
I think that the complications with crossover, and the fact that there is no driver for the mids, would result in less clarity and an even steeper v-shaped frequency response.

Dec 15, 2010 at 8:29 AM Post #3 of 5
You'd surely run into problems whichever way you do it, if you have a new crossover that comes with quite an array of issues and if you have effectivley two sets of earphones in your ears at once i can't see it being an improvement (also two crossovers and six drivers in each earpiece might not fit). Also aren't BA's tuned to be a match with other's in the iem so you would introduce another discrepancy. It sounds simpler to me to sell one of them to someone who needs it.

Dec 15, 2010 at 9:29 AM Post #4 of 5
Good point guys. No I only have one TF10 (not from the Amazon Deal, if that means anything). I was thinking of getting another since they are quite cheap now.

Lol now that I think about it this is a crazy crappy idea. I posted this at 6:19am and hadn't had any sleep at all the night before, so my mind was sort of losing logic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back