Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 Questions
Jan 5, 2011 at 12:46 PM Post #46 of 71
In terms of general build quality and all which one is the best choice?

Personally, i think i should keep TF10 since its wires are stronger than those of turbines and it has a 90degree connector and it feels much sturdier and lighter.

I want it to last 2 years looking at the amount of money i spent on my earphones. which should i sell/keep?

thanks

Jan 5, 2011 at 1:28 PM Post #48 of 71

Quote:
hey i just received my TF10.They sound great. I have a choice to keep either these or monster turbine.
I'll have to sell one. Which one do you think i should sell? I listen to rock, rap, hip hop and a bit of R&B.  

Thanks

That's a tough call for anyone to make on your behalf. I have many favorites in my collection, but if it would come down to a single pair, it would leave only the HD-600 remaining. The next on the line is the TF, but it's my preference. For instance, to me the TF sounds better than the IE-8, at least I hear a lot more details from the BA triple drivers and the high end extension is more prominent. If you go and check out the IE-8 appreciation tread, you will find profoundly different opinions from many directions. My vote on this call goes for the TF, but again, its my opinion.

Jan 5, 2011 at 3:23 PM Post #50 of 71
They're your ears. If you don't have to make a decision right away, why not live with them both for a while and see which ones you find yourself going back to and enjoying more?

The only advice that I think people can give that's at all helpful here is on durability.

Jan 6, 2011 at 3:25 AM Post #51 of 71
I prefer the tripli.fi's over the ie8's. The triple.fi's seem to go well with all music rather than bass heavy stuff. Westone 3's are reported to be good as are the top end shure's although i dont think the price hike for the shure's is worth it.

Jan 10, 2011 at 10:34 PM Post #53 of 71
Actually, I have some sets that do even on the mp3 players.  The fx500s, the Ultimate Ears Super.fi EBs, and yes, even my ex300s satisfy my need for bass even on my mp3 player.  On my Xonar U1 I can get the TF10s to put out enough bass.

Quote:
Quote:
Interestingly, while our problems were completely opposite, our solutions were ultimately the same: I too transferred my S4s to my wife.  I may have to steal them back at some point to do an A/B with my Monster Turbines.

Man, if the turbines don't quench your thirst for bass, than I'm out of ideas. As a former bass-head I know exactly what you are craving, but any bass heavy gear I know or ever tried cause sound coloration to extremes. I had that issue even with the vaunted IE-8, and I can only tolerate them with the bass adjuster turned to minimum and leaking seal.

Jan 10, 2011 at 10:36 PM Post #54 of 71
If I had to keep either my TF10s or MTs it wouldn't be close.  I would sell the Turbines and keep the TF10s.  The  Turbines are a fine set but the TF10s are the best at quite a few things.  I ultimately feel like anything the Turbines do my FX500s can do better.  I can't say the same about the TF10s.  And regardless of what other headphones you may own, there's something to be said about building a collection with sets that are amazing at several things.  With this in mind the TF10s are a great set to keep.

Quote:
In terms of general build quality and all which one is the best choice?

Personally, i think i should keep TF10 since its wires are stronger than those of turbines and it has a 90degree connector and it feels much sturdier and lighter.

I want it to last 2 years looking at the amount of money i spent on my earphones. which should i sell/keep?

thanks

Jan 12, 2011 at 10:48 AM Post #55 of 71

Quote:
If I had to keep either my TF10s or MTs it wouldn't be close.  I would sell the Turbines and keep the TF10s.  The  Turbines are a fine set but the TF10s are the best at quite a few things.  I ultimately feel like anything the Turbines do my FX500s can do better.  I can't say the same about the TF10s.  And regardless of what other headphones you may own, there's something to be said about building a collection with sets that are amazing at several things.  With this in mind the TF10s are a great set to keep.

You are most definitely on the target, the TFs are very unique even if they are not the absolute best in every aspect. The very clear an detailed resolution, fast, punchy and accurate bass, the amazing sparkling high range makes you to crave them all the time.
Probably the Westone3 would defeat them hands down, though I never heard those, or the SM3 from Earsonics whoever can afford such, and so on. For the $95 special deal, the TFs are untouchable. I'm still wandering what was Logitec's purpose to sell these at such a low price. Last year we all speculated that UE-Logitech would terminate the TF-10 making available the vi only, but that didn't happen and towards the second half of 2010 the prices of the TF started creeping up again. Than out of the blue,another sub $100 deal, surely I did not expect it. Now that I have a backup pair, I have them with me all the time, the rest of of my collection is collecting dust...

Jan 12, 2011 at 10:57 AM Post #56 of 71
If anyone gets a chance listen to these phones with the Stepdance! Oodles of tight firm, deep bass, mids creamy and smooth and treble that just shimmers and sparkles! These are the best IEM's I own in my line up. I did not get them at the ultra bargain price, I paid another $50 but to be honest if I had paid +$300 I would not be unhappy! They give me all the "forget I am listening to headphones and just enjoy the music" feeling of the IE8's but at the same time all the detail and transparency of the Ety ER4s's I own. I wish I had not read all the negative reviews that held me off getting them!

Fit is just about the best I have had with an IEM, very easy, very comfortable. I have settled on the stock silicone, medium for right, small for left and that is it, fit and forget! Cable seems more than up to the task for me, almost as thick as my Ety's but with no microphonics and I love the memory effect near the ears!

In fact I am thinking once I have saved and got the algo rythm solo I might get another pair of these just in case they do discontinue them as they seem to be my ideal sound signature along with the Denons!

Jan 12, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #57 of 71

Quote:

At $150 I feel that they are very hard to beat, provided you use the correct tips and get a good seal.  They actually didn't wow me when I first tried them but after listening for a week or two they really grew on me. I'd definitely recommend them.

This is exactly how I felt. They are unique in the fact that if you don't get a good seal, you will still hear plenty of bass (which makes you think they are properly sealed), but the treble will be almost nonexistant. I'm using the orange foamies from my long-deceased Shure E2c, which gives excellent isolation and sound quality (can't get the Complys to work for me 
frown.gif
).

Jan 16, 2011 at 6:06 PM Post #60 of 71

Users who are viewing this thread

Back