Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jun 11, 2012 at 2:05 AM Post #6,676 of 9,690
Quote:
That's not necessarily true. It was comments like me that made me postpone a triple fi purchase for years. The only time I think of the triple fi as ear-piercing in the highs is if I hook them up to any sansa product... anything else makes them very balanced to me.

Oh no no no...I don't think the TF10 have piercing highs at all, that was not my intension . I actually was waiting for vultures to come and protect them after I posted that thinking whether I should of worded it differently.  I own them they're least sibilant of any bright IEM I have. I was more joking in an opposite direction of  IE8 being bassy post. TF10 are not peircing! 
smile.gif
 I for one am someone that cannot stand sibilant or SSsssss IEM's. TF10 do a remarkable job. but as bassy as IE8 are TF10 are equally as bright. 

That's what I meant. 

Jun 11, 2012 at 2:55 AM Post #6,678 of 9,690
Jun 11, 2012 at 8:37 AM Post #6,679 of 9,690
Quote:
I just found these tips which I've never seen before on ebay (I look all the time) they look interesting.

I bought a pair of these.. steer clear as they are truely awful. They only come in one size- small.. and they are more like firm rubber in texture than foam, complete waste of time.

I just make mine from 3M memory foam ear plugs, very comfortable and almost as good as complys in a lot of aspects.

Jun 11, 2012 at 10:03 AM Post #6,681 of 9,690
Quote:

Wow talk about good research!

Actually, i got my ear drum replaced a few months back. It would probably be a good choice for me to stay away from really heavy bass products. That being said, in terms of headphones, i have had the denon d2000, and loved those! People have said that the tf10's have almost the same sound signature as those. So i just wanted to hear other peoples perspectives on the comparison vs the ie8's.

Thanks for being so helpful! SERIOUSLY!

Jun 11, 2012 at 5:46 PM Post #6,683 of 9,690
Quote:
hmm...nv was able to make perfect centre for those 3M memory foam. how do you do it? and how long do you cut the tips?

I use the non-rounded end ones, I take one plug, squeese it flat lengthwise and cut it exactly in half with scissors to give me 2 tips. once they have risen back to their rounded shape I turn one on its end squeese it flat again and drill through the centre with a  2.5 or 3mm (Cant remember exactly) drill bit.

This guy does it a similar way but uses a different tool for the hole..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0m_RseMrok

Jun 12, 2012 at 1:33 AM Post #6,686 of 9,690
Quote:
  1. Ari33:

i have the rounded end ones since my partner could not sleep without it
ph34r.gif

I tried using the belt hole puncher but could never get a nice center fit~ lol will try again with the tool in the you tube vid~

I used to make my own tips similar to what you guys are doing. I was having problems getting the hole dead centre and found a tool that does it perfectly. I bought this simple $2 stainless steel hole punch (I think 2.5mm) which works really great. it has a sharp edge and cuts through the sponge perfectly with a slight tap.

Something to purchase if you're thinking about making your own tips long term.

Jun 12, 2012 at 9:19 PM Post #6,687 of 9,690
The last few days I tried my TF10's with the foam tips that came with the Brainwaz Betas. I dare to say that I'm re-inventing my triples in terms of comfort and sound quality! I used to wear them with the sony hybrids but now, I think I have found what fits me best. Question is that if I want to order a pair of these tips, does anyone know where I'll find them? Thanks.

Jun 15, 2012 at 9:07 PM Post #6,688 of 9,690
u could check mp4nation.net they sell the beta, though i dont see those tips being sold seperately.
u might get them by using the customer service.
in the past bought serveral items, asked them several questions by mail and was helped just fine.

Jun 15, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #6,689 of 9,690
Quote:
The last few days I tried my TF10's with the foam tips that came with the Brainwaz Betas. I dare to say that I'm re-inventing my triples in terms of comfort and sound quality! I used to wear them with the sony hybrids but now, I think I have found what fits me best. Question is that if I want to order a pair of these tips, does anyone know where I'll find them? Thanks.

You can buy from Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_6?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=comply+foam+tips&sprefix=comply%2Caps%2C188

Users who are viewing this thread

Back