Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Apr 22, 2012 at 9:38 PM Post #6,451 of 9,690
i just made a discovery!!!i bought pr.Philips she3580  for $9 at a cvs store and tried the med size silicon tips on my tf10 and guess what???best seal,most comfortable&best sounding tips i have yet come across!!!!
using flip mod wore them almost 12 hrs. at work with no issues best is they fit tf10 nozzle without any modification apparently there is a bullet shape to front of tip that enters ear canal instead of the more blunt shape of stock tf10 silicon tips. no cutting or decore neccessary just pure tf10 audio bliss!!!!has anyone else found these????all i need now  is to find a supplier on ebay or such so i can buy least couple dozen pr.of these tips, philips calls them earcaps lol

Apr 23, 2012 at 12:13 AM Post #6,452 of 9,690
Today was the big day!

I went down to the mailbox in the pouring rain... there they were waiting for me in a half wet soggy mail envelope! After inspecting the contents everything was fine on the inside. I'm getting a perfect fit with large stock tips, I have to twist the earpiece around to the front slightly for them to fit. I plugged them into my Sony Walkman and was greeted by a very strange sound after coming from Dynamic drivers my whole life. Was a little let down at first, they seemed way underpowered from the Walkman. Bring out E11 I said! After tinkering with rockbox dropping the treble slightly from my ipod mini / E11 combo I am highly satisfied. But man....what a different sound to dynamics. 

I'll report back later. Now to play!! 
beerchug.gif

Apr 23, 2012 at 7:19 AM Post #6,453 of 9,690
These remind me of the stock tips on the UE700 ... with which I've had a lot of sweet hours of listening, before switching to the triple-flanges :)

Quote:
i just made a discovery!!!i bought pr.Philips she3580  for $9 at a cvs store and tried the med size silicon tips on my tf10 and guess what???best seal,most comfortable&best sounding tips i have yet come across!!!!
using flip mod wore them almost 12 hrs. at work with no issues best is they fit tf10 nozzle without any modification apparently there is a bullet shape to front of tip that enters ear canal instead of the more blunt shape of stock tf10 silicon tips. no cutting or decore neccessary just pure tf10 audio bliss!!!!has anyone else found these????all i need now  is to find a supplier on ebay or such so i can buy least couple dozen pr.of these tips, philips calls them earcaps lol

Apr 23, 2012 at 6:40 PM Post #6,455 of 9,690

Quote:
So far I like how the TF10's sound but they look so ridiculous while I'm wearing them I'm not sure I can bear to where them out. The flip mod doesn't help...

How are you wearing the flip mod? Recently, a good deal of people thought it was simply reverse the channels and wear them down (or some other way that isn't really right). Flip mod should look something like this. Apologies for how blurred it is.

While one can sleep with them on...I don't recommend it. It can be painful, unless you literally are like a statue while sleeping.

Apr 23, 2012 at 7:11 PM Post #6,456 of 9,690

Quote:

How are you wearing the flip mod? Recently, a good deal of people thought it was simply reverse the channels and wear them down (or some other way that isn't really right). Flip mod should look something like this. Apologies for how blurred it is.

While one can sleep with them on...I don't recommend it. It can be painful, unless you literally are like a statue while sleeping.

Thanks for that but I can't really see whats going on in that picture, it looks angled upwards somewhat. I may need an in-depth diagram haha.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 23, 2012 at 7:51 PM Post #6,457 of 9,690
Whether the flip mod fits depends on the shape of the ear canal. Generally, flip mod means cable over the ear, with the inside of the bend in the IEM facing inward, towards the head. The UE logo should be on the inside, not apparent to anyone. It will still stick out a bit, but that's because of the lighter angle the nozzle is at when you compare it to a Westone or Shure.

Rather sadistically, the one good shot of the TF10 with the flip mod had to come out horribly...

Apr 23, 2012 at 8:10 PM Post #6,458 of 9,690
TF10 are designed to be worn over the ear. Yes they can be worn down but it says on the manual, "these earphones are designed to be worn over the ear" no-one ever told me that until yesterday reading it myself. So really in theory they can be worn down but if you're having fit problems using them in such a way I don't blame the design at all.

Lucky for me with large stock silicon tips I get a perfect air tight seal when worn 'over the ear'. 

Side note:

This song is absoultely amazing through TF10, it's like.......I just can't explain it. 

Apr 24, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #6,459 of 9,690
I've had my TF10s since December,love them for the most part,unfortunately now l'm only getting[size=small] intermittent sound from the right ear[/size],Pretty sure it's the[size=small] cable.[/size]
[size=small]I've ordered a replacement cable from Amazon.Since l only bought(from Amazon) them 5 months ago,what are my chances of getting a free replacement cable from Amazon or [/size]Logitech ?

Apr 25, 2012 at 3:12 AM Post #6,460 of 9,690
I've discovered using the Sansa OS firmware gives me much better results with TF10 than rockbox. I'm not sure why but everything has more clarity even cloning the same EQ settings. I suggest people using a Clip+ do try it.

Apr 25, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #6,462 of 9,690

Quote:
I've had my TF10s since December,love them for the most part,unfortunately now l'm only getting[size=small] intermittent sound from the right ear[/size],Pretty sure it's the[size=small] cable.[/size]
[size=small]I've ordered a replacement cable from Amazon.Since l only bought(from Amazon) them 5 months ago,what are my chances of getting a free replacement cable from Amazon or [/size]Logitech ?

Swap the cables and see if that changes things.  If it does then it's surely the cable.  Logitech will send you a new cable.  They may try to send you a new TF10, but if it's not the earphone, then you maybe better off asking for just the cable.  I've heard there's a wait for the TF10 replacements.

Apr 26, 2012 at 7:26 PM Post #6,464 of 9,690
http://www.head-fi.org/t/472555/tf10-flip-flop-mod-and-what-i-found/30

Was having a read of this thread and there is some conflicting opinions on which way the cable should face when doing the flip
mod (l/r facing front or back).

All the people that use the flip mod - which way is your cord facing?

Apr 26, 2012 at 8:08 PM Post #6,465 of 9,690
just got my replacement tf10s after using cx200s for about a month, and the midrange is way more recessed than i remembered

Users who are viewing this thread

Back