Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jan 14, 2012 at 8:02 AM Post #5,626 of 9,690

Quote:
Are these the best earphones you can get for the £100 mark? As my Brainwavz M2's have started to break. Also how long do these earphones last roughly before they start braking?

I listen mainly to Rock/Metal.

Thanks. 

They'll be right up your alley, I wouldn't go so far as to say they have a v-shaped EQ, that would make them sound quite dirty but the treble are bass are a bit more pronounced so drum parts are more engaging and the treble signature gives off more perceived clarity without you having to adjust the volume up like on truly neutral IEMs.

As for durability, they're not tanks but they'll last if you care for them. When they were introduced, they were already better than a lot of stuff that was already on the market.

I mainly listen to melodic death metal but unfortunately I have a case of the dubstep derps right now that I need to clear from my library but something about repetitive sounds always gets me...

Oddly enough, I'm listening to the Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows soundtrack right now.

Jan 14, 2012 at 9:22 AM Post #5,627 of 9,690

Quote:
They'll be right up your alley, I wouldn't go so far as to say they have a v-shaped EQ, that would make them sound quite dirty but the treble are bass are a bit more pronounced so drum parts are more engaging and the treble signature gives off more perceived clarity without you having to adjust the volume up like on truly neutral IEMs.

As for durability, they're not tanks but they'll last if you care for them. When they were introduced, they were already better than a lot of stuff that was already on the market.

I mainly listen to melodic death metal but unfortunately I have a case of the dubstep derps right now that I need to clear from my library but something about repetitive sounds always gets me...

Oddly enough, I'm listening to the Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows soundtrack right now.

I read this as I am listening to Celtic Frost on my TF10's....I have always been a fan of repetitive/melodic bands.....Helmet, Celtic Frost, Discharge etc.

Jan 14, 2012 at 9:23 AM Post #5,628 of 9,690
I notice the TF10s do a lovely Job on Female vocals for some reason. I guess this could also be due to the recession in the mid range (Female vocals can be ear piercing sometimes :wink:

Jan 14, 2012 at 9:40 AM Post #5,629 of 9,690

Quote:
I notice the TF10s do a lovely Job on Female vocals for some reason. I guess this could also be due to the recession in the mid range (Female vocals can be ear piercing sometimes :wink:

You must know my wife.....

Jan 14, 2012 at 9:44 AM Post #5,630 of 9,690

Quote:

I totally agree, on trance or any other style of edm the female vocals sound awesome and pretty much all vocals do imo.  With the FXT90 they sound more distant and have that airy presentation which I like though.

Jan 14, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #5,632 of 9,690

Quote:
I forgot to ask how well do they fit in your ears? As I will be running with them, and what is the sound isolation like? I really need IEM's that block out a good amount of noise.

Thanks. 

As for isolation, when I am using mine and a song is playing, I cant hear anything else. I use a Sansa Clip Zip, and thats not even at full volume.

Jan 14, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #5,634 of 9,690

Quote:
I forgot to ask how well do they fit in your ears? As I will be running with them, and what is the sound isolation like? I really need IEM's that block out a good amount of noise.

Thanks. 

isolation is good if you can get a good seal.  I wear them on planes all the time and its great at blocking out babies crying and reducing engine noise.  But I'd temper your expectations about running.  I can't keep a good seal when running and have to constantly adjust.

Jan 14, 2012 at 4:27 PM Post #5,637 of 9,690

Quote:
ghis it because of sweat? I have that problem with all IEMs

Quote:
Do you wrap the cable around your ears?

yes and yes.  I normally don't have a good seal from the TF10s and had to adjust anyways, but have to do it too often when running.  I switched to customs.  I still can't jog but adjusting less.  Also, my customs need to be slightly modified.

Jan 14, 2012 at 4:40 PM Post #5,638 of 9,690
I also have new fiio tf 10 cable and yes they seem heavey duty but wondering why fiio chose to make them feel like a lamp cord!!in the end i took em off as they feel a bit to clunky for me i ended up going back to thr es8 cable. I alo have a lune siver cable which i didnt like either braided wire is to thin and it sounded like they altered sq waytoo much.

Jan 14, 2012 at 4:56 PM Post #5,640 of 9,690

Well I think I will buy them and see for myself what they are to run with. If I don't like them when I am running I will just buy some cheap IEM's which are suited for running. Thanks for all the help guys. I would give +REP, but this forum doesn't seem to have a rep system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back