Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Dec 6, 2011 at 8:40 PM Post #4,952 of 9,690
Lol NewAKGGuy you make it sound like they ever so slowly just starts dying as soon as soon they're exposed to Earth's atmosphere.

I'm not trying to plug myself, but UE stock cables actually led to the developement of the first cables I built haha

Dec 6, 2011 at 9:39 PM Post #4,953 of 9,690
Need replacement cable... with mic! Praying to the gods of DIYs on headfi 
frown.gif

Dec 6, 2011 at 10:54 PM Post #4,955 of 9,690
For me, the cable flip mod resulted in a loss of clarity in female vocals. The comply flip mod, however, resulted in a substantial SQ increase over the standard orientation for me. It seems that the foam normally blocks the sound in my ears and having the stiff tube there prevents this.

These seem to be very source dependent for SQ. From best to worst so far:

Stello DA100 -> McIntosh MAC 1500 (with attenuator to kill the mild backround noise)
Zune 80
Fiio E7 == Lenovo W500 headphone out with attenuator (depends on song, these have totally different sound signatures)
--------------- (Cutoff point- below isn't worth listening to)
Xonar DX with attenuator
Galaxy S II
Lenovo W500 headphone out, no attenuator
Stello DA100 -> Sheer HA-006+ (Muddy bass, severe treble rolloff)
Stello DA100 -> Harman/Kardon HK 6250

Dec 6, 2011 at 11:56 PM Post #4,958 of 9,690
do comply come in L R sides? I thought they are both exactly the same

Dec 7, 2011 at 1:35 AM Post #4,960 of 9,690
I got these phones in the amazon sale. They're pretty good, and my first BA phones. I actually don't have issues with comfort with them; sure, they don't feel as cozy as my DT990's, but much better than my Atrios.

My beef with them is the low end. Yes, they're fast enough and the impact is ok, but they're just lacking the "oomph" I would expect out of $400 phones. For $100 though, they're quite nice!

Dec 7, 2011 at 2:27 AM Post #4,961 of 9,690

Quote:
I got these phones in the amazon sale. They're pretty good, and my first BA phones. I actually don't have issues with comfort with them; sure, they don't feel as cozy as my DT990's, but much better than my Atrios.
My beef with them is the low end. Yes, they're fast enough and the impact is ok, but they're just lacking the "oomph" I would expect out of $400 phones. For $100 though, they're quite nice!

Adjust your EQ because mine are thumping now but at first like you I thought they were a little light.  I mean I have to put my volume down from 26 to 28 (Cowon i10) down to 22 or lower because the bass is hitting to hard at times.

Dec 7, 2011 at 3:18 AM Post #4,963 of 9,690
do comply come in L R sides? I thought they are both exactly the same

Oh top bottom flip flop. I was thinking how on earth would sq improve by switching the left comply to the right. I must have assumed flip flop as lwft right switching due to the original cable flip flop mod

Dec 7, 2011 at 5:04 AM Post #4,964 of 9,690

Quote:

Surprising. I find the bass to be very impactful and full. This is coming from Someone who owns Denon 5000/FX700s and had IE8s :). I wonder if it has something to do with fit? These things fit crazy good for me and isolation is very good on them. Large standard silicon tips fit really good and I haven't been tempted to try any of my other tips :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back