Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Dec 2, 2011 at 3:09 AM Post #4,801 of 9,690

Quote:

bad luck-
I just notice 163 usd seems to be the standard now. they are just going lower each year. I think it might be the cheapest triple BA driver out there.

Yeh, I think with Logitech bought UE, it is really blessing in disguise, affordable quality IEM, triple BA for about $150, and dual-BA (UE700) for $95 (in Australia anyway) - the next cheapest dual-BA is B2 which is at about $160

Dec 2, 2011 at 3:25 AM Post #4,802 of 9,690

Quote:
I've decided to not use the monster tips at all. The small and ss foams are the only ones that fit me, but build up too pressure against my ears after I wear them for a few minutes.

I agree - the larger tips are huge!

lol the large works wonders for my ears. Even the Extra large one that came with my EX1000s when I had them did a nice job of creating a seal. The SS and Mediuim tips just sit in my ear canal doing nothing lol.

Dec 2, 2011 at 6:36 AM Post #4,803 of 9,690
Im a tad annoyed (tangent) i paid for standard shipping, said delivery by Dec. 1, and I check when i get home and they are still in NJ (I live in what most would consider upstate NY) Im a courier for a well known delivery company so when things get sent USPS it drives me nuts! cause when i see "priority shipping" to me its 1030 next day not 5 day shipping! hopefully ill get them today...

Dec 2, 2011 at 10:39 AM Post #4,806 of 9,690

Quote:

Am I correct in assuming that a lighter, more threadlike cable that flows/falls freely will prevent the TF10s from falling out? If so, what kind of cable do you guys recommend getting?

It has been my experience that this is true if you wear the cable over the ear. I like the Westone custom cable.

Dec 2, 2011 at 11:52 AM Post #4,807 of 9,690

Quick unboxing video of the TripleFi 10. Enjoyyy~ 

Dec 2, 2011 at 12:02 PM Post #4,808 of 9,690

Quote:
It has been my experience that this is true if you wear the cable over the ear. I like the Westone custom cable.

The Westone cable is awesome, but of all the IEM's I've seen and owned, my all time favorite cable has to be the cables Ultimate Ears uses for their customs. If there were some way we could get it to work with the TF10's...

Dec 2, 2011 at 1:10 PM Post #4,810 of 9,690
Does anyone here that had the TF 10 from a while back, recall if they shipped with different tips, ala double flange?  I have seen pictures of TF 10 with double flange...

Dec 2, 2011 at 1:58 PM Post #4,811 of 9,690

Quote:
Does anyone here that had the TF 10 from a while back, recall if they shipped with different tips, ala double flange?  I have seen pictures of TF 10 with double flange...

they used to include comply foam tips. not sure if they did in the new batch. the double or triple flange you see around are probably sony hybrids.

Dec 2, 2011 at 2:18 PM Post #4,812 of 9,690
a

Quote:

Yes,many years back they use to supply a double flange as well but it is not good.  The TF10's stick out even more and it just doesn't sound right since it adds more distance between the end of the nozzle and your ear drum.

I'm not sure any bi or tri flange would be much different because I think the real issue is the the nozzle (due to the dual bore) it is too thick to stay seated in your ear canal.  You need a tip that is slightly coarse (like a comply, not a slick silicone tip) to grab your ear canal.

But thankfully, complys work perfect for me.  Makes the sound nice and full, adds a slight warmth but it is still detailed as all hell.

Dec 2, 2011 at 2:56 PM Post #4,813 of 9,690
Got my large Comply T-500's and man I get a better seal with the large than with the mediums, I guess I just have larger canals than most.  Now that I have a better seal I can hear that the bass has a little more depth to them and the mids come through better as well.  Its not a night and day difference but I can tell that they sound more complete now.

Dec 2, 2011 at 3:15 PM Post #4,815 of 9,690
I loved the sound so much I was determined not to get rid of them, I tried every tip, up to reshelling lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back