Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Apr 8, 2009 at 9:44 PM Post #1,996 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by elnero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you tried any replacement cables on the TF10's? I've tried the Null Audio cable on the TF10's and thought they were quite nice. Might be a different option to go.

Hi elnero -good point, & funnily enough I just fired an email awhile ago to NA re the Lune TF cable. I'll keep the thread posted if I get it...which did you use, Lune or Enyo?

Apr 8, 2009 at 11:54 PM Post #1,997 of 9,690
ive got the lune cable. Its ok tighten things up bass wise (Quantity i say reduced slightly), and gives everything a more clear sounding out of an iPod Classic.

Apr 9, 2009 at 12:48 AM Post #1,998 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi elnero -good point, & funnily enough I just fired an email awhile ago to NA re the Lune TF cable. I'll keep the thread posted if I get it...which did you use, Lune or Enyo?

I assume the Enyo but I never did hear a name other than Null Audio so I'm not sure. I'm supposed to be picking them up again this weekend for another audition so I'll ask if he remembers.

Apr 9, 2009 at 8:35 PM Post #1,999 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by elnero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I assume the Enyo but I never did hear a name other than Null Audio so I'm not sure. I'm supposed to be picking them up again this weekend for another audition so I'll ask if he remembers.

@ elnero, from what I can gather, the Enyo is black, the Lune silver (tho you can get a cover I believe)...I heard back from NA - looks like I may well spring for the Lune soon as I get my wallet in check...look forward to hearing your thoughts after the weekend.

Thanks 1982, from what you & elnero posted the Lune/Enyo sounds worth a shot - I do prefer tighter, defined but deep, bass generally that doesn't spill over/colour the lower mids. But could you define a little more please, 1982: 'OK' for you means: just OK/pretty darn good/superb?

Cheers guys.

Apr 10, 2009 at 2:30 AM Post #2,000 of 9,690
it does make everything clearer. which doesnt spill over other things.
But i do prefer more bass sort of out of my iPod slightly more... but a great improvement over the stock cable.
it sounds oright to me, i kinda prefer it i can hear more music out of it. More volume on details. Soundstage seems increased as well and Sibilance reduced. And overall the cable allows it to produce better sounding musical notes as in clear. Very clear. Probably less warmer sounding now, it puts the vocals abit less forward than before.

Deep house music have tighter bass impact / definition seperation is improved. Quantity seems to be reduced slightly. But definately a better sounding tight bass.

The housing cable bit now felt abit losser easier to pull in and out.
frown.gif

Apr 10, 2009 at 10:25 AM Post #2,001 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@ elnero, from what I can gather, the Enyo is black, the Lune silver (tho you can get a cover I believe)...I heard back from NA - looks like I may well spring for the Lune soon as I get my wallet in check...look forward to hearing your thoughts after the weekend.

Thanks 1982, from what you & elnero posted the Lune/Enyo sounds worth a shot - I do prefer tighter, defined but deep, bass generally that doesn't spill over/colour the lower mids. But could you define a little more please, 1982: 'OK' for you means: just OK/pretty darn good/superb?

Cheers guys.

The Null Audio cable on the pair I've used is a white/copper combination. I know the owner has the cable for awhile now so it may actually be an earlier version.

Apr 10, 2009 at 12:21 PM Post #2,004 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd buy the amp.

which amp?

Apr 10, 2009 at 1:04 PM Post #2,007 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was replying to rcdejesus, either cable upgrade or a P.H.A. Buy the amp.

and i am asking if u know about which amp is great for it.
Haha the standard TF10 doesnt sound bad anyway, its really good. I just changed the cable for cosmetic purposes if there is sound quality changes for the better is a great bonus.

But yeah there is also that Crystal cable from Null-Audio $499 USD im kinda a sceptic about cables.. but it seems in on the path of clearer audio.

Apr 10, 2009 at 1:06 PM Post #2,008 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by rcdejesus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what would you suggest as a good portable amp? Is the Fiio E5 ok? i'm just a newbie to the IEM fascination... Thanks

E5 would boost alot of volume, depends on what u like from your music are you a basshead? do you like clear detailed music?

currently i dont even use more than 50-70% volume on my iPod classic...

Apr 10, 2009 at 1:08 PM Post #2,009 of 9,690
Quote:

But yeah there is also that Crystal cable from Null-Audio $499 USD im kinda a sceptic about cables

If you want to blow $500, I'd put that towards the Ibasso D10. I think spending several times on cable to what the TF 10 is stupid.

I don't know what's a good amp to match up with TF10, I've got a Aphead 47 but I need a cable, they're the same impedance as RS-1's.

Apr 10, 2009 at 1:13 PM Post #2,010 of 9,690
yeah $499 is the used price it is worth $699 new. :p But yeah there are so many other cables as examples power cables that costs into 4 digitals.

Again how portable are portable setups with amps? Can you able to use public transport with an amp and player? Most portable amps are still fairly big.
Yes the Fiio series are well portable amps ;P but they only boosts volume not really about quality. Just giving you more bass probably distorted bass too.... always listen to stock, if u like it dont need to improve it and ask your self what would u like to improve?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back