Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jul 30, 2008 at 9:04 PM Post #1,351 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I usually have the Hornet at 11 o/c on 'low' raising to 12-1 o/c if I want to go loud.

I'm beginning to think my Triples have increased in bass since getting my replacement pair. I'm almost sure my first pair were leaner (& IMO, better for it) - I think I've got too used to ER-4 nice, lean clean bass. Or my ears are going weird...I dunno, it may be the weather.

I may have to minus EQ the bass for some music. Or maybe I need a D2, lol...

Tried out tips again tonight -just to check, y'know -still much prefer the clears over olives (still kings of comfort tho), complys, UE flanges. Don't like the UE silicon again: too muddy in the bass. Still haven't tried E2c black silicon...

Good deal, I like 11 o'clock. Glad to know I am not blowing my eardrums off. I might have to try new tips.

Jul 30, 2008 at 9:06 PM Post #1,352 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by geekchic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Stevie my friend, you need a D2...I have never heard muddy bass with the silicones..in fact is there any bass at all?
tongue_smile.gif

Jokes aside, RogueTrader - at least with the D2, I frequently EQ to increase the bass AND boost the mids. Of course, trebles are perfect - and in spite of the 'coldness' of the D2 I don't get sibilance. Now that I am ripping to lossless, in fact, things are sounding better and better.

But the D2 is such an animal, that it needs EQ-ing most of the time; at least it does if you play unamped. Does not make music sound bad at least to my ears.

Off-topic but I was noticing those headphone smilies and I think it's high time we had a triple-fi smilie, considering the love that exists for these tiny guys...what do you think?

Funny how we all hear differently. The base is just fine for me. Sometimes I have to tame the treble slightly. Do you think source makes that much of a difference, especially when amp is involved and I am using Line Out option?

Jul 30, 2008 at 10:56 PM Post #1,353 of 9,690
I have a sneaking suspicion that my iRiver 140 throws out more bass than my 120 - I have to try this over the next couple days. It's just a vague feeling I've had ever since getting the 140 (had the 120 first) but never bothered to seriously check out (lazy + thought it was tips-related)...and yes, I do think source is important, RT. My Sony Discmen (mostly vintage units, + one modern) all have sonic differences between them (brighter, warmer etc) using their line outs...

Jul 31, 2008 at 12:54 AM Post #1,354 of 9,690
anyone know how l,ong it takes to ship tips from idealsound? i really hope these work, otherwise i don't know what im going to do to get good isolation/seal.

Jul 31, 2008 at 3:47 AM Post #1,356 of 9,690
apuresound is making a cable for UE/s ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
biggrin.gif

Jul 31, 2008 at 4:48 AM Post #1,357 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
apuresound is making a cable for UE/s ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
biggrin.gif

Yes.
They said it came in July 2008, but today is the last day of July, so the release date seems to be late a little.

Jul 31, 2008 at 9:41 AM Post #1,359 of 9,690
Elluzion -you've tried the Trips flipped? When I tried it, it did make sealing easier...

As for the APS cable - love to. But at an estimated $200 (the price of their ER-4 cable at a given length), it'll be a wallet cruncher...

And, spent half the night listening trying to figure this bass thing. Ignore my previous comments -just seems like I've run into some bass-heavy recordings. Confirms I am no basshead
smily_headphones1.gif

And wow, does Kate Bush Hounds of Love (esp the extended suite on er, side 2, lol) sounds wonderful on Triple Fi
biggrin.gif
A really good example of how good TF soundstage can be for a sealed IEM....

Edit\ Dublo7 -you should take a look at the Westone ES cable -the memory wire on that is very short & hardly noticeable in use.

Jul 31, 2008 at 3:12 PM Post #1,360 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Elluzion -you've tried the Trips flipped? When I tried it, it did make sealing easier...

As for the APS cable - love to. But at an estimated $200 (the price of their ER-4 cable at a given length), it'll be a wallet cruncher...

And, spent half the night listening trying to figure this bass thing. Ignore my previous comments -just seems like I've run into some bass-heavy recordings. Confirms I am no basshead
smily_headphones1.gif

And wow, does Kate Bush Hounds of Love (esp the extended suite on er, side 2, lol) sounds wonderful on Triple Fi
biggrin.gif
A really good example of how good TF soundstage can be for a sealed IEM....

Edit\ Dublo7 -you should take a look at the Westone ES cable -the memory wire on that is very short & hardly noticeable in use.

Will they fit with the Triples without much modding?

Where would I get one anyway?

edit - crap, Westone don't ship internationally...

Jul 31, 2008 at 3:50 PM Post #1,361 of 9,690
Have you guys heard of the new design of the Super.fi 5? If that design carries over to Triple.fi, may eliminate a lot of the fit issues? If the sound improves or is the same as current but fits better, we will have a crap load of sellers of current model Triple.fi's. Value will go down like the real estate market. Anyone heard anything on redesign triple.fi? I am aware of the new portable version with some PTH device and iphone friendly jack.

Jul 31, 2008 at 3:52 PM Post #1,362 of 9,690
The cord snapped off the headphones showing the wires inside. They still work but I have fit problems because of it, is it covered by the warranty?

Jul 31, 2008 at 4:21 PM Post #1,363 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dublo7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will they fit with the Triples without much modding?

Where would I get one anyway?

edit - crap, Westone don't ship internationally...

Dublo, I think Jaben will mod it and ship it to you from Singapore..you could try enquiring with him.

Jul 31, 2008 at 8:54 PM Post #1,365 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by RogueTrader /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you guys heard of the new design of the Super.fi 5? If that design carries over to Triple.fi, may eliminate a lot of the fit issues? If the sound improves or is the same as current but fits better, we will have a crap load of sellers of current model Triple.fi's. Value will go down like the real estate market. Anyone heard anything on redesign triple.fi? I am aware of the new portable version with some PTH device and iphone friendly jack.

It's not a "new" design to the SuperFi 5Pro, simply a complete new product with near the same name. No succesor.

So i doubt that UE will change the TripleFi to look like that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back