Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jul 30, 2013 at 9:41 AM Post #8,191 of 9,690
Hello everyone
My #1 post in headfi

After extensive research and reading innumerable reviews, I have decided to go for UE Triplefi 10 iem, and have already placed an order for the same.
However, I need advice on dac or amp or dac/amp, whichever would be the best with these iem. I'll be using my Galaxy S3 as the source for music : flac, wav and high bit rate mp3s only.
Your advice will be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance....

Jul 30, 2013 at 10:47 AM Post #8,192 of 9,690
Hello everyone
My #1 post in headfi

After extensive research and reading innumerable reviews, I have decided to go for UE Triplefi 10 iem, and have already purchased an order for the same.
However, I need advice on dac or amp or dac/amp, whichever would be the best with these iem. I'll be using my Galaxy S3 as the source for music : flac, wav and high bit rate mp3s only.
Thanks in advance....

IMO the TF10 doesn't get ALOT better with an amp but I do think my JDS C5 pairs quite well with a small boost in space and bass.

Jul 30, 2013 at 11:06 AM Post #8,193 of 9,690
IMO the TF10 doesn't get ALOT better with an amp but I do think my JDS C5 pairs quite well with a small boost in space and bass.

What I felt after reading through so many posts and reviews, was that Triplefi 10 (or any good iem for that matter) would atleast benefit from a clean high quality audio signal, hence the DAC.
So, I was planning on buying a DAC, if not an amp...
What do you say??

Jul 30, 2013 at 11:08 AM Post #8,194 of 9,690
Quote:
Hello everyone
My #1 post in headfi

After extensive research and reading innumerable reviews, I have decided to go for UE Triplefi 10 iem, and have already purchased an order for the same.
Thanks in advance....

TF10's are pretty easily driven, just put that money into a high quality cable.

Jul 30, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #8,197 of 9,690
What I felt after reading through so many posts and reviews, was that Triplefi 10 (or any good iem for that matter) would atleast benefit from a clean high quality audio signal, hence the DAC.
So, I was planning on buying a DAC, if not an amp...
What do you say??
What's your source?

Jul 30, 2013 at 2:12 PM Post #8,199 of 9,690
Galaxy S3 GTI9300, since it can play all formats of audio files and of course a big touchscreen interface. Also, USB audio comes as default, so line-out is not a problem...

The GS3 should power your TF10s fine so maybe a portable DAC or amp/DAC would be beneficial. Something like the iBasso D zero or Fiio E17 would be a place to start

Jul 30, 2013 at 7:45 PM Post #8,200 of 9,690
FiiO is making a e18 android dac amp afaik.

Jul 30, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #8,201 of 9,690
I love my TF 10 out of my arrow 3G

Jul 31, 2013 at 10:40 PM Post #8,203 of 9,690
Hi guys, sorry if I'm disturbing the thread. I'm currently own a pair of Tri-Fi 10's I bought roughly around the beginning of last winter from Amazon. I wasn't able to get in on the usual Black Friday sale of these due to the fact I live in Canada so I bought them from an Amazon seller at a different more expensive price.  Right now I'm going through my collection of various IEM's and other gear and selling off what I don't want in order to fund other future purchases. The Tri-Fi 10 I possess is in very good condition with no scuffs or scratches. The cables are also in very good condition with no tears or scuffs. The original packaging I no longer own but I'm positive I still have all the IEM's accessories. The tips, I have quite a collection of different tips for these IEM's so that should also not be a problem. I'll be posting these IEM's up on the FS forums in the next few weeks with my other unwanted gear. I'm just posting all this here seeing if any of the thread regulars might be interested if so I'll gladly give them first crack at them. If interested feel free to PM me but please be advised I wont let them go for Black Friday pricing due to the fact they cost me more.

Sorry if I disturbed the thread.
Cheers
DF

Aug 2, 2013 at 6:35 AM Post #8,205 of 9,690
I also tried the shure 846. Overrated IMO. The sounds are muddied. My friend who was with me shared the same view. For an iem that coat so much, its bass heavy and muddied. Triple fi sounded so awesome compared to the Shure 846.

Also auditioned the fitear MH335. IMG eargasm. Sounds are so clear and natural. Too bad it cost SGD $2888 D:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back