Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Apr 8, 2012 at 3:37 PM Post #6,332 of 9,690
Finally going to bite the bullet once again on getting an aftermarket cable, so I'm thinking this one.
Anyone have any experience with this seller's cables? From what I can tell, it seems pretty flexible and well made. My only concern would be the connector shells/heatshrink coming off but I can always just do a little bit of DIY and stick an actual UE connector shell on it.

And obviously, as a student, I don't really have the budget for a Null Audio or Baldur cable.
tongue.gif

Apr 8, 2012 at 3:57 PM Post #6,334 of 9,690
Memory wire is a must for the way I use TF10s. Tons of running, biking, and just generally being out and about, of course with the flip mod. Plus, I'm actually looking for a bit more sharpening of the treble a bit, as I find it helps some vocals.

Apr 8, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #6,337 of 9,690

Quote:
And you think that cable will sharpen the treble? I doubt it. I don't think you are going to hear any feedback on that cable, try it out and tell out how it is :)

As long as it's easier to deal with than the stock cable, I think it'll be good then. Hopefully I won't be disappointed when...well, whenever they get here. 13-25 business days which is about...3-5 weeks? With my luck with shipping, probably 6 weeks considering even the UE replacement cable Logitech sent me was rejected by US customs twice.

And didn't the Fiio cable warm the sound and give it a touch more bass?

Apr 8, 2012 at 4:11 PM Post #6,338 of 9,690

Quote:

As long as it's easier to deal with than the stock cable, I think it'll be good then. Hopefully I won't be disappointed when...well, whenever they get here. 13-25 business days which is about...3-5 weeks? With my luck with shipping, probably 6 weeks considering even the UE replacement cable Logitech sent me was rejected by US customs twice.

And didn't the Fiio cable warm the sound and give it a touch more bass?

Honestly, I did some testing with the stock cable and the FiiO just a few days ago, I couldnt pin point a huge noticeable change in sound. Opinions vary of course.

Apr 8, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #6,340 of 9,690

Quote:
What was the difference that you heard between stock & fiio cable? :wink:

Maybe slightly better clarity, and I will emphasize MAYBE, but even then, like I said above, not sure I heard a huge difference. I never bought the cable because I was looking for changes in the sound, I have said that many times.

Apr 8, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #6,341 of 9,690
You'll notice a difference with the Chris Himself cable, and Null Audio cables.

Apr 8, 2012 at 8:58 PM Post #6,343 of 9,690
Looking forward for you to share your how easy was replacing the wires

Apr 8, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #6,344 of 9,690
They look so good :) Good luck with shipping and sound!

Apr 9, 2012 at 12:19 AM Post #6,345 of 9,690
So my FiiO RC-UE1 of two months died recently. It's not uncommon either and FiiO is planning to release an updated version that's more durable. 

The picture shown here is exactly what happened to mine:
http://fiio.com.cn/news/index.aspx?ID=196

Sorry if old news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back