ultimate ears triple fi 10 in NYC
Oct 17, 2011 at 2:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

truereflections

100+ Head-Fier
I'm in astoria and looking to buy triple fi 10s again. they seem to provide the best noise cancelling out of the many other
headphones i've tried . any ideas where to pick these up in nyc?

any suggestions for better noise cancelling headphones?

thanks!
looking to be in the ~300 range. i've tried : grados, shure 535 ,westone um3x.....

Oct 17, 2011 at 3:52 PM Post #3 of 6
If all you're looking for is good noise isolation, then I think that your quest is for a good tip & fit, not a particular headphone.  Headphones make sound, tips provide isolation.

My favorite tips are the triple flanged ones offered by MeElectronics.  I got a set when I purchased my M6's and and have thus used these tips on everything I own.  Best isolation and secure fit out of anything I've tried.  They're BY FAR the best tip for my Triple Fi 10's.  They fit perfectly on the 10's, and its a perfect and instant fix for the stupid fit problems that go along with this wonderful headphone.  Before, I was able to semi-keep them from falling out with comply tips, but I still had to be careful.  With these new tips, you just stick them in and they're quiet and secure.  No worries about walking, turning my head or even yanking on the cord.  Best of all, they go in & out super fast & easy.  Its not an art to put them in anymore. =D

Here's a link to the tips.  I recommend them on every IEM ever, but do note, different headphones have different diameter ends, and thus require different tip inner diameters.  (For example, the end of the TF10 is larger than the little hole of the Westone 3)  I don't know if the MeElectronics tips will fit on the small diameter headphones, but its worth a try =)

http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_Original_Eartips_for_M6_M6P_Earphone_p/tipset4-m6cl-mee.htm

Oct 17, 2011 at 3:59 PM Post #4 of 6
Earphone design also helps with isolation. The way the TF10 is shaped makes it hard to have as good isolation as say a Shure or Etymotic.

Oct 17, 2011 at 4:44 PM Post #5 of 6
As far as I know, the tf10 is hard/impossible to find in brick and mortar stores.

From the tone of your thread it seems as though you're from outside the US, visiting New York for travel purposes and taking advantage of the lower local price versus the import price. There are a few local retailer that might carry the earphones you are searching for.

B&H audio would probably have been your BEST option, but they're closed for some Jewish holiday or something until October 19th
You might want to also try J&R or PC Richard and Son.

There are plenty of Best Buys in New York, but they carry mostly consumer products. They might have something like an IE7/8 though.

And if you want to get some cool import only Japanese headphones, check out AC Gears, the audiocubes.com brick and mortar store near NYU. They have a bunch of headphones on the wall you can try out. I bought my sq5, and sj55 there.

edit: and if you want noise isolation, the best you can get as far as I'm concerned are Etymotic. ER4 and the cheaper HF2/3/5.

Quote:
also looking at sennheiser ie7s if anyone knows where to get them....

Oct 17, 2011 at 5:11 PM Post #6 of 6
I will highely recommend the Sony EX1000(used) from here F/S forum and they offers better soundquality than TF10Pro with almost same isolation. The other IEMs like HF5, RE272, ER4P, SM3, CK100, IE8 and FX700 are recommended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back