Ultimate Ears Reference Monitors vs. Pioneer HDJ 2000
May 10, 2011 at 5:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

John Culter

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,

I would like to ask if there is anybody who can answer my question:

for music production (mostly electronic dance music - house, progressive etc.) I work mostly on the road.
I use closed headphones Pioneer HDJ 2000's as they have powerful crisp sound mostly on all frequencies. The problem is, they are not so comfortable to wear them for a longer time.

I own also Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 - they are great, but in sound comparison they just can't beat the Pioneers. 
There are significantly missing higher frequencies - some of them are simply not there. Where on Pioneers they are present and could be easily recognized. Also low frequencies are not as well reproduced as on HDJ 2000.

Now I'm really interested in the custom UE Reference Monitors, but it is not possible to 'try' them.. So before I will make an order I would like to hear any opinions, if there is anybody who use them in similar way and for similar music style.

Perhaps I would like to hear if there is a chance I will be satisfied (or disappointed) with their sound, when I compare it to Pioneers. As Triple.Fi 10's are highest universal fit, 3-speakers model, their sound isn't as good as I supposed to be..

Price in this case doesn't play the role.

Thanks for any advices.. John

May 10, 2011 at 6:58 PM Post #2 of 2
Triple.fi 10's color the sound quite a lot and really aren't suitable for music production.  You would want something as neutral as possible.  I'm not too familiar with UE's reference monitors, but I know that they're a large step up from the TF10's, which are pretty much the cheapest triple BA IEM's on the market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back