Ultimate Ears customer service...
Nov 28, 2007 at 6:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

sandys

Head-Fier
Hi,
Just wanted to let you guys know about Ultimate Ears' customer services - which has been stellar till now!

I have a SuperFi5EB which has recently started crackling in the left ear. After searching on google for similar issues (head-fi was down remember
tongue.gif
), I switched my cable from the left ear to the right and found that the issue seemed like the cable contacts.

All it took was a single mail to UE customer support and the next thing you know, they are shipping a replacement cable.

Lets see when it gets here - Ill keep you guys posted.

Nov 28, 2007 at 6:46 AM Post #2 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by sandys /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,
Just wanted to let you guys know about Ultimate Ears' customer services - which has been stellar till now!........

All it took was a single mail to UE customer support and the next thing you know, they are shipping a replacement cable.

Lets see when it gets here - Ill keep you guys posted.

The part I bolded confuses me. I'm thinking you meant the reliability of the Super.Fi 5 EB was stellar till now, not the company's Customer Service itself right?

Nov 28, 2007 at 8:15 AM Post #3 of 11
I live in Canada, do you think their customer service will be just as good for me?

Nov 28, 2007 at 9:57 AM Post #4 of 11
I returned my Superfi like 4 times already. I am living in Taiwan and they ship my replacement really fast! FEDEX every time! They are fantastic,.. although I had a bit of an issue with their built quality but man the customer service is just unbelievable!

Nov 28, 2007 at 10:02 AM Post #5 of 11
UE has the best customer service I know of. They truly go out 110% or more.

Mar 1, 2011 at 11:15 AM Post #6 of 11
rather than start a new thread i figured i'd just write in this one...
as it seems is everyone's experience i've always lauded UE for their
customer experience.  i've dealt with them three times in 6 years now
and have always enjoyed being treated like i'm very important to them.
it's easy to be loyal to a company like that.  but i've sent them two emails
in the past 10 days with a question about custom IEMs and have been
completely ignored.  i guess it's time to make a phone call, but i guess
my question for you guys is:  have you had any recent problems with
UE customer service?  it seems like there has been lots of new competition
in the last few years in their market.  seems weird that they'd ignore an
established customer.  maybe i'm getting my feathers ruffled over nothing?

Mar 1, 2011 at 1:09 PM Post #7 of 11
Ultimate Ears was bought out by Logitech in '08. From what I've heard, since then, their customer service has been circling the drain.

If you're going for new custom IEM's, try JH Audio. It was started by the guy who started Ultimate Ears, and people have been saying good things.

This question may get more answers in the portable headphones forum, btw.

Oct 18, 2011 at 1:39 PM Post #9 of 11

Quote:
Ultimate Ears was bought out by Logitech in '08. From what I've heard, since then, their customer service has been circling the drain.

If you're going for new custom IEM's, try JH Audio. It was started by the guy who started Ultimate Ears, and people have been saying good things.

This question may get more answers in the portable headphones forum, btw.

well, slow down - maybe hoppergrass just didn't find the right person at UE. my experience with their customer service over the past 2yrs has not been at all as randybandicoot describes, so please - just as you'd better listen with your own ears rather than "hear" what people write here sometimes, you should also trust that they still look after their loyal customers

Mar 11, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #10 of 11
The Logitech customer service from the UE Website, 1-800-454-3200, was for me rather worthless.  They keep trying to tell me what my question is.  SHEESH!  And then they answer something completely different and seem proud of themselves.  They will not refer my call to a supervisor, nor do they seemingly have the ability to transfer my call to a customer service rep that I was disconnected with.  This really isn't all that atypical when it comes to support from larger corporations -- they simply give you to someone offshore with a script.
Does anyone know how I can actually contact UE customer support WITHOUT going through Logitech?

Here is my question:  How do I connect the output from my live mixer to the bluetooth app (UE) that in turn controls the UE Megaboom speakers?
At present, I am using the iphone 'UE' app to drive the UE Megabooms.
(Note:  Usage is live conference floor in a hotel with 8 wireless mics {Shure ULXD})

Mar 11, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #11 of 11
@MDH1: I remember there was someone here on HeadFi who worked for Ultimate Ears and responded to many questions regarding CIEMs. I don't know if he's still working for UE and don't remember his name either, but what I remember is that he was present in the UERM review thread.
Somewhere on the first third of all the pages there was someone asking a couple of questions regarding the UERM and another user replied that he should contact that UE guy. Sorry that I can't provide any further information.

Edit: I did some research and think that @CEE TEE is the one you should contact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back