Jun 1, 2007 at 8:16 PM Post #3 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OMG 4 drivers. This reminds me of the razor wars

lol

introducing the all new UE11 turbo quattro
icon10.gif

Jun 1, 2007 at 8:20 PM Post #4 of 93
4 is kind of pushing it I think. But 3 I would definitely like to try. I always thought even lower end speakers had that extra distinction between bass and mids that even top tier single driver headphones don't.

Jun 1, 2007 at 8:48 PM Post #5 of 93
Quote:

Exactly. Without listening to them, I won't pass judgment, but there is certainly a stream of audiophiles who fully believe that SET's and horns are the way to go. Less is more they say. Many believe Etys outdo multi-driver IEMs. The more drivers, the more crossovers the more points of failure and the greater possibility of sonic issues.

Of course, the extra driver can lessen the load of other drivers and perhaps provide a nice aural experience.

Jun 1, 2007 at 9:06 PM Post #7 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by cotdt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if the drivers are properly integrated, then you shouldn't be able to tell that it's a multi-driver system at all.

Of course, but balance and integration are exactly what is at stake and hence why many feel the single driver speakers have more life and coherence despite well executed multi-driver speakers.

These IEMs may turn out to be the best ever, but I hope we don't get the "more is better" mentality that Gillette is perpetuating.

Jun 1, 2007 at 9:32 PM Post #8 of 93
Quote:

Yeah, they may soon put in battery, so that the IEM can shake....
tongue.gif

Jun 1, 2007 at 9:36 PM Post #9 of 93
I don't see how this can be seen as a bad thing. Speakers have been split into bass, mid and treble for years. Its definately the best way to do it if you ask me. Each driver will have less to do and so should be able to produce the range its dedicated to much more accurately and clearly. It also allows the design of the driver to best suit a certain frequency range.

I personally feel that my E4c headphones sound muddled when complicated sections of music are playing whereas my E530s cope beautifully.

Jun 1, 2007 at 10:05 PM Post #11 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by TestSpecimen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't see how this can be seen as a bad thing. Speakers have been split into bass, mid and treble for years. Its definately the best way to do it if you ask me. Each driver will have less to do and so should be able to produce the range its dedicated to much more accurately and clearly. It also allows the design of the driver to best suit a certain frequency range.

I personally feel that my E4c headphones sound muddled when complicated sections of music are playing whereas my E530s cope beautifully.

Just about all headphones have 1 driver and don't have the muddled problem you mention.

Which brings up the question: Why do IEMs have so many drivers while headphones continue to just have 1? hmmm.

~~~~

Now we just need to know the price - $1,500 ?
tongue.gif

Jun 1, 2007 at 10:46 PM Post #12 of 93
Price is quoted as ~$1000

Jun 1, 2007 at 10:54 PM Post #13 of 93
Quote:

Exactly what I thought. Next they'll have a battery powered vibrating IEM with 5 drivers. the bass ...

Jun 2, 2007 at 12:22 AM Post #14 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by unclejr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Exactly what I thought. Next they'll have a battery powered vibrating IEM with 5 drivers. the bass ...

That sure will give you an "eargasm"
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back