UK broadband offers
Jan 9, 2007 at 5:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

jules650

500+ Head-Fier
I just got an offer from BT offering to upgrade my 2mb connection to 6.5mb for 26.99 a month (excluding line rental). I was wondering if anyone had any advice about better broadband offers in the UK. There are so many new offers out there I don't know where to start. Thanks.

Jan 9, 2007 at 5:21 PM Post #2 of 3
My good ladyfriend got this same offer, but told them she was going to leave and they gave it to her for £21.99 a month and threw in a home-hub wireless router thing.

They also gave her either 40 or 60gb a month bandwidth (can't remember which, but try and blag them for 60!).

Shocking customer service/tech support though.

If you choose not to go with BT, don't go with Plus.net... They're rubbish imho.

Jan 9, 2007 at 6:18 PM Post #3 of 3
use NTL here for phone, net & TV but my dad really wanted Sky+ and was already to quit and pick up some BT package. They strung him on a bit about when NTL's version of Sky+ would be coming along but in the end he got £35 (or there abouts) for a 4Mb broadband, telephone line (incl. free national phone calls) and the basic cable TV package.

Took about a day or two of ringing and abit of threatening to quit but it ended up being about half the price we were paying per month for the same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back