ugh.... my portable rig is falling apart
Jan 20, 2010 at 1:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

fhuang

Headphoneus Supremus
it's been frustrating for the past month or so. first it's my ie8. i broke one of the tube while changing the tip. i swear i didn't force it. just a little twist and it fell off. then it's one of my ipod(very old, i'm guessing 5 years old maybe?). the harddisk just died. now couple days ago, i lost both of the screw of sr71. now i can't use the amp. why oh why?!

Jan 20, 2010 at 3:35 PM Post #2 of 11
I'm sure Ray can give you some more screws if you contact him. The IE8's should be able to be replaced under warranty. The iPod, well, nothing you can do but buy a new one like all Apple products.

Jan 20, 2010 at 3:42 PM Post #3 of 11
happens bro.

i lost my IE7 too (friend misplaced)

been commuting & gyming without music for more than a month now

Jan 20, 2010 at 3:48 PM Post #4 of 11
Yeah I am sure if you contact Ray you can get some more screws. And call Senn, they should be able to repair/replace your IE8's. And you can buy new hard drives. But if it was old maybe you could sell it for parts and buy you a new one. (I have one for sale
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Jan 20, 2010 at 3:54 PM Post #5 of 11
Sorry to hear!
We all have a bad day once in a while, but you seem to have had your share of them lately. Hope you get past it...

Jan 20, 2010 at 6:36 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The iPod, well, nothing you can do but buy a new one like all Apple products.

Yes, you're supposed to buy a new iPod everytime a new one comes out, dontcha know?

Jan 20, 2010 at 11:06 PM Post #9 of 11
Ya my PX-100s connecter is broke, need to put on a new one. So till then listening to the buds with my phone, their the only other portable option iv got it sucks

Jan 21, 2010 at 4:19 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, you're supposed to buy a new iPod everytime a new one comes out, dontcha know?

One? You're truly not an appleite Edwood, for shame!

Jan 22, 2010 at 2:20 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by unl3a5h3d /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah I am sure if you contact Ray you can get some more screws. And call Senn, they should be able to repair/replace your IE8's. And you can buy new hard drives. But if it was old maybe you could sell it for parts and buy you a new one. (I have one for sale
smily_headphones1.gif
)

i already took my ie8 to service center and they said it's my own fault and refused to repair/replace it. i sent a mail to sennheiser service support and they're asking me to take the iem to another service center, so i might get it repair/replace. and for the screw of sr71, i already got a reply from Ray and he told me he doesn't have any spare sr71(old one) screw. as for an ipod. it's a very old 4th gen ipod photo so the harddisk dead was kind of expected.

i love my audio stuff. i take good care of them. it's not the money i care, i do a little bit, but i just hate when the things i love break. sure i might get a reason(if i don't get the iem/ipod back) or excuse(if i get it back) to upgrade. but i want to upgrade when i feel like i want to. and for the sr71, i need to find the closest hardware store.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back