UE700 SIbilence HELP!
Nov 16, 2011 at 6:45 AM Post #3 of 26
EQ it or get some of the older Comply foams, they are good at reducing HF

Nov 16, 2011 at 9:15 AM Post #5 of 26
what's the source! Perhaps they are too bright for you (in comparison to the other frequencies). Personally i find an amp makes the sound fuller.

Nov 16, 2011 at 9:59 AM Post #6 of 26

TWFK drivers (the yellow line in this picture) are quite linear all the way up to 10kHz.

It sounds teriffic however it crosses over the line of sibilance sometimes especially with lively/harsh studio recordings.

What I love about the UE700 is it's the cheapest Knowles TWFK and has nice lucid mids and airy highs.

If the cable or housing ever breaks, then you can reshell it into a custom IEM like the Unique Melody Mage and save money a second time 'round.

Nov 16, 2011 at 8:58 PM Post #8 of 26
If you just got them, u should listen to them for a while and im sure u will notice they sound much better. When i first got my westone 3, i thought the highs were too overextended, but after a few hours, i got use to it. and yes, use comply foams. good luck!
wink_face.gif

Nov 17, 2011 at 1:09 AM Post #10 of 26
I think you'll get used to it. Just let them settle down with your ears for a while :)

Nov 17, 2011 at 10:45 AM Post #11 of 26
Quote:
but the complys make them lose abit of highs :p idk i really like them but i cant listen to classical with the sibilence :p

I don't have the UE700, but here's what I've successfully done with several of my IEMs to calm down sibilance:

1. Get Sony hybrid tips and stretch them to fit over the nozzle. The hybrid's smaller opening usually attenuates sibilance/sharpness and boosts bass.
2. If the phones sound too dark and congested, take the hybrids off and shorten their stem by 1mm.
3. Try again and repeat step 2 until you reach an acceptable compromise between treble presence and sibilance/sharpness.

Of course you run the risk of destroying a pair of hybrids and not reaching your goal, but ime it's worth the effort.

Nov 17, 2011 at 11:23 AM Post #12 of 26
Hey, what is your source. On ipod and iphone, u should download the 2$ app called EQU. It will allow you to customize your frequency curve and cut out some of the treble to prevent sibilance. Although i dont think it will help much, the preset eq treble reducer might work. But again, you still shoudl try to get use to it.

Nov 17, 2011 at 11:42 PM Post #14 of 26

Quote:
I got the UE700 for a bit now and I have no issues with sibilance. 
blink.gif
 Which classical songs do you listen to? 

Quote:
Hey, what is your source. On ipod and iphone, u should download the 2$ app called EQU. It will allow you to customize your frequency curve and cut out some of the treble to prevent sibilance. Although i dont think it will help much, the preset eq treble reducer might work. But again, you still shoudl try to get use to it.

might be the comp sound card om my ipod and phone its fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back