UE4 PRO or JH-5?
Mar 7, 2011 at 1:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

408mike

100+ Head-Fier
Sup guys, sorry I missed the Bay Area meet! Too busy with school. I didn't check the site for a month and a bay area meet came and went! NO@!!!!!!!

But as I have some money saved I want an entry level custom. Looking at the two listed. I am still using Turbine Golds, which I LOVE, I listen to a LOT of trance. 

Mostly I want to feel immersed in the music, connected to it, and to definitely hear and feel the bass and bass extension. Like I said I listen to a ton of trance, but I know what I am listening for. I am looking for detail separation and very kick booty bass. Basically Turbine Golds with better soundstage, more forward hi's and mids, better clarity and separation. However there are things in the bass department the Gold's lack, and I hope my customs can fill some gaps. Basically, I want to feel my music, and have it blast a grin from ear to ear on my face. 

Of the two listed above, which is my best bet? Also are there any sales or deals going on? How about for a full time student???? If I get a sweet deal, will post up a 5 page review??? Heck I will do promotions for the company for a month if it will save me money. Pretty broke here, but I know where my
priorities are (my ears haha). Music means everything to me. 

I have enough cash I think to also go for the 1pro, does anyone have anything to say about them?

Thanks for taking the time to read this guys, and God Bless. 

Michael

Mar 7, 2011 at 1:42 AM Post #2 of 9
I am open to other customs as well, if anyone believes the lesser know manufacturers are putting out products that compare favorably to the ones I mentioned. Thanks. 

Mar 7, 2011 at 2:36 AM Post #3 of 9
1964 ears makes "cheap" customs and they seem to be getting excellent reviews oh here..  I would at least check out the thread(s) on them.

Mar 7, 2011 at 2:37 AM Post #4 of 9

Quote:
1964 ears makes "cheap" customs and they seem to be getting excellent reviews oh here..  I would at least check out the thread(s) on them.

I hadn't heard the greatest things about them, but will check them out. They have an inexpensive 3 driver setup I think right? 

Can anyone comment on the differences in sound signature and overall happiness with either of the customs I mentioned?

Mar 7, 2011 at 5:53 PM Post #7 of 9
I suppose there is another option- buy a set of coppers and send them to 1964 for a custom set of ear sleeves. What about that as an option? Roughly the same price, and since I love the golds, maybe this would do the trick? OR buy a new set of Golds and send them over for the custom sleeves? Will the custom sleeves make THAT big a difference over the comply's I use now? 

Mar 7, 2011 at 6:17 PM Post #8 of 9

Quote:
I suppose there is another option- buy a set of coppers and send them to 1964 for a custom set of ear sleeves. What about that as an option? Roughly the same price, and since I love the golds, maybe this would do the trick? OR buy a new set of Golds and send them over for the custom sleeves? Will the custom sleeves make THAT big a difference over the comply's I use now? 

If you're thinking about sleeves, check out kozeesolutions

You'll save a shartload considering they send you the impression material.
PS: looks like they send you enough for two pairs of impressions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back