UE Triple Fi 10 still a good get? [mid-fi triple-driver IEM recs please!]
Mar 8, 2022 at 8:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Carrow

500+ Head-Fier
I remember absolutely loving the UE Triple Fi 10 (Pro? I think they're the same model?) about 6 or 7 years back. I know they're discontinued but I have a lead on a pair. can get them for about $250 once the shipping and import charge is factored in. reckon I should pull the trigger or do you have other triple-driver recommendations on a similar playing field or a better buy? getting back into IEMs after a while away so I'm sure standards have risen since then - open to recommendations in the $250-$300 range or equivalent :) thanks!

Mar 8, 2022 at 9:12 AM Post #2 of 9
I have a pair... they go for much much less used in the US. They're fantastic but I haven't done a side by side with newer iems.

Mar 8, 2022 at 9:22 AM Post #3 of 9
I have a pair... they go for much much less used in the US. They're fantastic but I haven't done a side by side with newer iems.
I mean if you have a lead on a cheaper pair, the one I have my eye on is about $200 before shipping and taxes :)

Mar 8, 2022 at 9:26 AM Post #4 of 9
I mean if you have a lead on a cheaper pair, the one I have my eye on is about $200 before shipping and taxes :)

At this price I'm wondering if some newer ones are 'better.' What kind of music do you listen to? And what's your source?

I'm going to plug them in shortly and give a listen. Haven't used them in a year.

Mar 8, 2022 at 9:41 AM Post #5 of 9
At this price I'm wondering if some newer ones are 'better.' What kind of music do you listen to? And what's your source?

I'm going to plug them in shortly and give a listen. Haven't used them in a year.

saving for a DAP currently. primarily I listen to indie rock, instrumental/post-rock, electronic and pop music with some metal and hardcore punk thrown in the mix, but when it comes to my actual taste it's all over the map.

current sauce is my laptop at home, and a Nokia 8.3 5G on the go.

Mar 8, 2022 at 10:06 AM Post #6 of 9
Listening to some Tove Lo on them now--are they still good in 2022? Yeah, they're still really good. I find bass lacking, but I feel that way about most IEMs... probably because I mostly listen to headphones. The TF10 has a really nice midrange and feels very detailed.

But at this price, I think there are better current options. I heard some of the more inexpensive IEMs from Dunu and was pretty impressed... but someone with more IEM experience should chime in, because there are some really good sub $200-300 options now.

Mar 8, 2022 at 12:24 PM Post #8 of 9
When comparing the Triple Fi's with my iBasso CF01/Magiosi K3 Pro combination, I have to say that I prefer the latter. In all fairness though the combination would actually cost more.

FYI - The Triple Fi works really well with the excellent Sony Walkman NW A55 even though the player lacks overall power, it can still drive them to very high levels.

Mar 8, 2022 at 12:28 PM Post #9 of 9
I ran the TF10 straight off my LG V60, and I actually preferred the sound vs. the Ares II > Burson 3XP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back