UE triple fi 10 for $289. Worth it?
Mar 17, 2009 at 12:11 AM Post #31 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Arrived last week, from advanced Mp3. They had special offer plus found 10% discount. I was going to get Super Fi 5 Pro but with 10% extra thought sod it..

Well then thats pretty cheap :p TF10 might be abit big stick in and stick out like crazy in its standard form when wearing it over the ear style.

Mar 17, 2009 at 1:48 AM Post #32 of 41
$289 is a good price. I used to be in the market and I never found them less than $300 and then I got lucky when there was a crazy pricing error on one vendors website and I got them for even cheaper.

I used to use my Ety ER4S but always missed the bass impact, and the TF10 filled the gap for me that I no longer feel the need to change or shop for any IEM's, unless Sennheiser decides to bring out a IE-HD800 lol

Mar 17, 2009 at 2:03 AM Post #34 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by warpdriver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
$289 is a good price. I used to be in the market and I never found them less than $300 and then I got lucky when there was a crazy pricing error on one vendors website and I got them for even cheaper.

I used to use my Ety ER4S but always missed the bass impact, and the TF10 filled the gap for me that I no longer feel the need to change or shop for any IEM's, unless Sennheiser decides to bring out a IE-HD800 lol

That happens to be either the Westone ES3X or UE-11.

Mar 17, 2009 at 5:10 AM Post #35 of 41
I've owned both (own only the shure se530s now) and i feel that the shure's highs are more crisp, just not as pronounced, hence rolled off. The triplefis treble kinda sounded like it was smuthered and mushy. Using electronic setting on my ipod imo gives the best of both worlds (but i keep it off since i'm pretty sensitive to treble).

Also, imo, the mids are very recessed on the triplefis, it sounded like the singer was behind a blanket.

Bass was kinda punchier on the triples though but both are very similar.

Mar 17, 2009 at 8:48 AM Post #36 of 41
The headphone out from Ipod is too weak to drive TF properly, hence the problems you are experiencing. Keep in mind, again, that TF is not on the efficient side of IEMs and they benefit a great deal from using a dedicated amplifier.

Mar 17, 2009 at 10:13 AM Post #38 of 41
Exactly. So if you really want to know what TF is made of, give it a try on a big rig - a Symphony, a Raptor, a Headroom Desktop or anything similar. I bet you will have a big and pleasant surprise
wink_face.gif
. I did.
On the other hand that makes them a second option when it comes to portable rigs. The good thing is that you will not encounter any of the usual hiss problems related to the low impedance/high sesitivity of most IEMs (like Westone 3 for instance which drives me crazy with the loud hiss I'm experiencing from whatever source). The bad thing is they will be underpowered and will sound similar to a K701 straight from a portable...

Mar 17, 2009 at 3:49 PM Post #39 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by revenge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Exactly. So if you really want to know what TF is made of, give it a try on a big rig - a Symphony, a Raptor, a Headroom Desktop or anything similar. I bet you will have a big and pleasant surprise
wink_face.gif
. I did.
On the other hand that makes them a second option when it comes to portable rigs. The good thing is that you will not encounter any of the usual hiss problems related to the low impedance/high sesitivity of most IEMs (like Westone 3 for instance which drives me crazy with the loud hiss I'm experiencing from whatever source). The bad thing is they will be underpowered and will sound similar to a K701 straight from a portable...

I'll be using an RS Mustang so I shouldn't have a problem.

Mar 18, 2009 at 4:31 AM Post #40 of 41
I also recommend getting them at this price. TF10P vs. SE530 is all about personal preference, with puts and takes for every IEM. I prefer them over the Shures for most music, but it's nice having a choice.

The 10s deserve to be in the top tier, get them and try them out for yourself.

Mar 18, 2009 at 6:53 AM Post #41 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by ibis99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Voltag3 I love your dedication!
L3000.gif

Im glad you like it . I have been reading his comments for the last few days and find them slightly offensive if not downright revolting ..

Ive been lurking these forums for quite a while before joining.. Never seen someone place so much emphasis on putting down another persons IEM while promoting their brand. I can see someone posting once or twice comparing and contrasting specific iems but to me it seems like constant promotion and defense of his chosen IEM.

Yes they are great as all the other High end IEMS .. allow for people to choose based on their sound signature preferences.

Its ultimately a matter of PREFERENCE. Some people seem to not get it..

Back to topic at Hand ..

For a brand new set with a clear warranty the price is right!! I got mine for a literal steal of USD 235.00 shipped brand new in box with the special edition first run roadie case thrown in but i don't think ill ever get that lucky again. They usually sell on here for 230-240 + shipping.

Get them and enjoy .. They sound great !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back