UE TF10 - rattling in one monitor
Nov 29, 2010 at 5:08 PM Post #16 of 29
question: did yours arrive in the sealed blue box, or the black "eco-friendly" packaging? I received mine from amazon today, to my surprize, it looks like they changed up the packaging for something cheaper. Oh, and mine came with the right angled plug as opposed to the straight ones from last year

Nov 29, 2010 at 5:16 PM Post #17 of 29
I got my TripleFi's today off Amazon and they were in a Black Eco-friendly box with a right angled plug as well. Such a great deal haha. If only my RE0s weren't broken, I could compare them more :frowning2:, all I know is the bass on the RE0's are lacking in impact compared to the TripleFi.

Nov 29, 2010 at 5:22 PM Post #18 of 29
I got the black box as well.... what does this mean, are they crappier quality?

Nov 29, 2010 at 7:33 PM Post #19 of 29
No, I was just curious. I vaguely remembered them coming in the black box when they first came out. I just wasnt sure if I received old stock or if they brought that packaging back.

Nov 29, 2010 at 7:34 PM Post #20 of 29

Quote:
No, I was just curious. I vaguely remembered them coming in the black box when they first came out. I just wasnt sure if I received old stock or if they brought that packaging back.

if they sound good, isn't that all that matters?

Nov 29, 2010 at 8:59 PM Post #21 of 29
aren't they supposed to have the double flange tips?

Nov 29, 2010 at 9:11 PM Post #23 of 29
o I see thanks rawrster for that clarification

Nov 29, 2010 at 9:59 PM Post #24 of 29

Quote:
Quote:

no, you're right. I just brought it up as a question of curiosity more than anything else. The brown box, and unsealed retail packaging had me thinking it was a return or refurb at first. It didnt help that the right driver subtly clicked while inserting (like the DD's do from driver flex)

BTW: The recessed mids and throaghty mid-bass make them sound a little like those old mono speakers; compared to my MTPC's atleast.. Nothing that a 4th driver couldnt fix though
wink.gif

Nov 29, 2010 at 10:05 PM Post #25 of 29
so you like your mtpc more?

Nov 29, 2010 at 10:25 PM Post #26 of 29

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

no, you're right. I just brought it up as a question of curiosity more than anything else. The brown box, and unsealed retail packaging had me thinking it was a return or refurb at first. It didnt help that the right driver subtly clicked while inserting (like the DD's do from driver flex)

BTW: The recessed mids and throaghty mid-bass make them sound a little like those old mono speakers; compared to my MTPC's atleast.. Nothing that a 4th driver couldnt fix though
wink.gif

Quote:

apparently

Nov 29, 2010 at 11:11 PM Post #27 of 29
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

wink.gif

Quote:

apparently

Ehh, its a tough call. I havent given myself enough time to settle in with the TF10's sound signature; but so far, I find the TF10 to sound a bit more congested. I never quite realized how recessed the mids were on the TF10's until just recently (or perhaps my pair isnt up to par?). Originally, I was planning on just having them reshelled and calling it a day, but after studying the frequency chart of the UM TF10+1, I'm thinking  it will be a worthwhile investment to add the driver. Unfortunately, I may need to sell my MD's to compensate for the added cost
confused_face.gif

Nov 29, 2010 at 11:36 PM Post #28 of 29
Quote:
Ehh, its a tough call. I havent given myself enough time to settle in with the TF10's sound signature; but so far, I find the TF10 to sound a bit more congested. I never quite realized how recessed the mids were on the TF10's until just recently (or perhaps my pair isnt up to par?). Originally, I was planning on just having them reshelled and calling it a day, but after studying the frequency chart of the UM TF10+1, I'm thinking  it will be a worthwhile investment to add the driver. Unfortunately, I may need to sell my MD's to compensate for the added cost
confused_face.gif

No, it's not just you. I feel the same way. Mids are pretty recessed. I wouldn't say THAT recessed, but compared to the 535's you tend to notice it very much so. I was going to get mine reshelled to the TF18s to get rid of that problem along with the slightly crippled (and I mean slightly) highs. We'll see though...

Nov 30, 2010 at 11:37 AM Post #29 of 29

Quote:
question: did yours arrive in the sealed blue box, or the black "eco-friendly" packaging? I received mine from amazon today, to my surprize, it looks like they changed up the packaging for something cheaper. Oh, and mine came with the right angled plug as opposed to the straight ones from last year

Mine arrived in the standard UE packaging.  Sounding amazing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back