UE cutting warranty short with new products
Aug 18, 2008 at 10:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

xiaoipower

100+ Head-Fier
Having just ordered a pair of triple.fis I noticed it came in new packaging (compared to what google image search shows up) it also said it was a ONE year warranty. Initially I thought it was a fake, but I had bought from a reputable UK internet company which advertised the phones as 2 year. Luckily they've agreed to still cover me for 2 years.

However, I've just checked the UE website and it shows the new packaging I have. Also, it states all products are now ONE year. Has this happened recently (Logitech takeover) or has this been around for awhile?

Aug 19, 2008 at 6:06 AM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by xiaoipower /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Having just ordered a pair of triple.fis I noticed it came in new packaging (compared to what google image search shows up) it also said it was a ONE year warranty. Initially I thought it was a fake, but I had bought from a reputable UK internet company which advertised the phones as 2 year. Luckily they've agreed to still cover me for 2 years.

However, I've just checked the UE website and it shows the new packaging I have. Also, it states all products are now ONE year. Has this happened recently (Logitech takeover) or has this been around for awhile?

Considering the lead-time for package design, printing, packaging and pipeline stocking, I doubt the decision was related to the Logitech purchase directly, since it was only announced a few days ago. A deal isn't done until it's signed. My guess would be that the lower priced products have a shorter warranty than the higher priced items. But we shall see what unfolds over the next 6 months as the new ownership begins to increase its influence. I just hope that this isn't going to be the end of their high-end custom products that has been the hallmark of their reputation....

Aug 19, 2008 at 9:17 AM Post #4 of 6
too much of a coincidence to not have anything to do with the logitech takeover!
If takeover was on the cards then it could be they jumped rather than wait till were pushed!
2 year rather than 1 year warranty would detract from overall value of the company!
Look at the money mcrosoft had to shell out extending the xbox360 warranty to 3 years!

Aug 19, 2008 at 1:52 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuwidol /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The warranty on the custom line is already one year.
It always struck me as odd that the universals were covered for longer...

Probably because it's only 1/4th the cost to replace a universal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back