UE 9000 at the gym?
Jan 10, 2014 at 12:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Boomshakalaka

New Head-Fier
Hi, i been looking at buying these headphones for a while now and now that they are finally on sale for 230 on amazon i am ready to pull the trigger. One thing i read on the reviews is these have a problem with bluetooth pairing. The review i read said that while connected to an i phone via bluetooth if another bluetooth device like an iPad was turned on they would try to connect to that device as well and stop playing music. I am looking to get these for the gym and that would be a big problem if someone else next to me had their  bluetooth turned on. Does anyone own these and has a problem with this possible issue while at the gym or other crowded  areas?

Thank you, Boom

Jan 10, 2014 at 7:15 PM Post #3 of 9
I doubt it'll automatically connect to random devices. You would have to actively search for it and have Bluetooth actively trying to send out on the headphones. I have them and mainly use them in wired mode so can't give you a good answer, unfortunately. However, I have used them on a plane without issues. Helps block out most (but not all) of the noise.

Jan 10, 2014 at 7:39 PM Post #5 of 9
I personally prefer it w/o the Bluetooth/"NC" as I like that sound signature better. When you have the Bluetooth on, the NC is also on, but the "NC" is more just "let's turn up the bass", which to me works for some music, but not all the music I listen to. It does have leather earcups that aren't replaceable, so if you do plan on using for the gym, I'd be a little worried about sweat destroying the earcups...

Jan 10, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #6 of 9
  Hi, i been looking at buying these headphones for a while now and now that they are finally on sale for 230 on amazon i am ready to pull the trigger. One thing i read on the reviews is these have a problem with bluetooth pairing. The review i read said that while connected to an i phone via bluetooth if another bluetooth device like an iPad was turned on they would try to connect to that device as well and stop playing music. I am looking to get these for the gym and that would be a big problem if someone else next to me had their  bluetooth turned on. Does anyone own these and has a problem with this possible issue while at the gym or other crowded  areas?

Thank you, Boom

Mine have never done that...  Ever...  And I walk around in a college campus with everyone using their WiFis and Bluetooths...  XD  Heck, my house has 5-6 BT devices in it simultaneously turned on.  It won't automatically connect like that. 

The only thing I'd say is that the weight of the UE 9000 may not be ideal for lifting...  The battery makes it quite heavy :/  Sound signature is warm, a little warmer for my tastes, but does a great job overall with good extension on both ends, a little boomy.  If you use BT or NC, you'll be running the internal AMP which boosts the boomyness further.  I prefer to run it straight (without BT or NC) though running through the internal AMP may prove beneficial for gym use, sonically that is.

Jan 11, 2014 at 2:07 AM Post #7 of 9
Thank you tinyman392 glad to know u never had any problems, I'm not really concearned about the weight as long as it sounds good and is wireless I'm happy. Thanks a lot for your help guys! 

Jan 11, 2014 at 2:09 AM Post #8 of 9
  Thank you tinyman392 glad to know u never had any problems, I'm not really concearned about the weight as long as it sounds good and is wireless I'm happy. Thanks a lot for your help guys! 

OK, just wanted to warn you was all XD  If my scale is right, they weight as much as HiFiMan's upcoming Planars...  Hope you enjoy them, they are good cans :)

Jan 16, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #9 of 9
Finaly go the headphones and they sound good and the bluetooth works fine with my iPhone but when i tried to connect it to my mac it wouldn't do anything at all and the headphones wouldn't even show up on the device list. Is anyone else having this issue and knows how to fix it? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back