uDAC -> uDAC-2: Worth it?
Dec 25, 2010 at 3:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

tom067

New Head-Fier
I bought a uDAC almost a year ago, and it's been working great so far (minor issues, but nothing major).  I'm currently using it for both headphones (ATH-m50) and speakers/sub through RCA out, each about 50/50.  Would there be a noticeable improvement in upgrading to the uDAC-2?  The $65 upgrade price is tempting.

Dec 25, 2010 at 5:52 PM Post #2 of 4
Hey tom, I have had both, and i'll give you my opinion best as I can.  The uDAC-2 improved details in the music by a good margin, as well as soundstage/seperation.  It also removes the midbass coloring a bit from the uDAC-1.  I felt it was an improvement for sure, the only reason I parted with mine was to handle higher ohm headphones.  Its really up to you though in the end, where you may enjoy the more colored sound of the original uDAC, I preferred the more detailed sound of the uDAC-2.

Dec 28, 2010 at 6:10 PM Post #4 of 4
I think the upgrade was worth it- being able to listen to 24/96 music was worth it by itself. I did not do much A/Bing between the 2 but I love the uDac2 with my T-amp.- nice stereo separation and low noise floor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back