Twisted Pear Audio Opus DAC
Aug 6, 2007 at 4:15 PM Post #62 of 994
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daveze /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's it take to make one with both USB and S/PDIF input, am I right in guessing thats what the multi-plexer will facilitate?

That is correct
smily_headphones1.gif

This is on the list of incubator projects. Pretty well designed we just need to build and test.

Cheers!
Russ

Aug 6, 2007 at 4:23 PM Post #63 of 994
Just to drop some more solid hints...

Here are some other thing in the incubator at Twisted Pear.
smily_headphones1.gif

1) Uber Controller (basically will control everything we sell that needs a controller) with Display, IR control, and analog rotary encoder control.

2) POGO, a SE/BAL programmable gain amplifier/attenuator.

3) "yet to named" discrete fully 200W differential power amplifier. This amp could be run class A or class A/B still very much in the design stage.

4) A discrete balanced(fully differential) headphone amp.

5) A discrete fully differential driver capable of up to 80vpp(maybe more) swing to facilitate projects 3 and 4.

Also we are redesigning the "Joshua Tree" and "Darwin" projects to make them integrate better with "uber controller"

I can't make any promises when these will be done, but they are being developed. That is assuming Brian does not run out of patience with me for dropping all these on him.
smily_headphones1.gif

Cheers!
Russ White (the trouble maker)

Aug 6, 2007 at 7:03 PM Post #66 of 994
Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ White /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also we are redesigning the "Joshua Tree" and "Darwin" projects to make them integrate better with "uber controller"

sweet! Any ETA on the Joshua Tree kits?

Aug 6, 2007 at 8:52 PM Post #68 of 994
Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ White /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just to drop some more solid hints...

Here are some other thing in the incubator at Twisted Pear.
smily_headphones1.gif

1) Uber Controller (basically will control everything we sell that needs a controller) with Display, IR control, and analog rotary encoder control.

I've been waiting for this one since you posted pictures in the JT thread
tongue.gif

Quote:

3) "yet to named" discrete fully 200W differential power amplifier. This amp could be run class A or class A/B still very much in the design stage.

Ouch....and I've just started to build up on a txo-2 that I planned to make into a txo-4, maybe I'll just make it a txo-2 for now
eek.gif

Quote:

I'm glad I waited to pick those up
very_evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

I can't make any promises when these will be done, but they are being developed. That is assuming Brian does not run out of patience with me for dropping all these on him.
smily_headphones1.gif

Cheers!
Russ White (the trouble maker)

Thanks for dropping the big hints Russ; they're much appreciated and lets me plan my approach
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 20, 2007 at 6:22 PM Post #70 of 994
Any updates on when the Opus will be available again for order? I'm feeling 'soon', but just thought I'd ask...

Aug 20, 2007 at 8:02 PM Post #71 of 994
I don't have an answer Al, but I think I may be just days away from hearing my dual differential Zapfiltered "Epic Opus". I've got a PS Audio Lambda transport sitting here waiting for the initial test drive, and I'm quite curious to hear the combo.

Aug 20, 2007 at 8:03 PM Post #72 of 994
I just received the WM8804 receivers and WM8740 DAC chips from Wolfson (rail of each). I now have everything, and will start building this week. I need a couple weeks to build up enough stock for what I think the response will be (scared actually). Lets call it Sept 3rd for now.

Aug 20, 2007 at 8:28 PM Post #75 of 994
My Opus isnt going to be build till mid November, but will have a matching Carbon fibre case to go next to my CKK3! Gonna look nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back