turntable mods? know any?
Dec 25, 2005 at 10:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

enjoi_rootbeer

500+ Head-Fier
my mom just got me a new Crosley turntable with built in speakers. only problem is that they don't sound to good...pretty bad really. any one know any mods to make it sound better? i'm not looking for hardcore audiophile stuff, just something better.

Dec 25, 2005 at 10:35 PM Post #2 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by enjoi_rootbeer
my mom just got me a new Crosley turntable with built in speakers. only problem is that they don't sound to good...pretty bad really. any one know any mods to make it sound better? i'm not looking for hardcore audiophile stuff, just something better.

NICE!

Dec 25, 2005 at 10:52 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by max-9
NICE!

good...thanks...
plainface.gif

Dec 26, 2005 at 12:50 AM Post #4 of 9
you could build your own plinth, you could replace the platter, replace the tonearmp, the cartidge, the motor and pretty much anything else as well.

Mind you most of thoes turntables were not designed for audiophile sound. People didn't care about it back then.

Dec 26, 2005 at 12:51 AM Post #5 of 9
Well these are as much novelty items as anything. So you really shouldn't expect anything special in terms of sound.

But the single biggest improvement you can make is to not use the internal speakers. Indeed anything you try to do to improve the sound will be a waste of time otherwise. The problem is that the sound from the speakers is fed back straight into the turntable and does immense damage to the sound.

Dec 27, 2005 at 7:33 AM Post #8 of 9
I'm currently doing the same thing with my Fisher Price record player with internal speakers. What I've done so far is made an audio out to plug it into speakers and headphones. I'm trying to find some better quality speakers to replace the internal speakers, but have run into a lack of funds right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back