Turbine Pro Gold Questions
Jan 19, 2011 at 9:39 PM Post #2 of 36

Quote:
I will be using an iPhone 4 to drive them will they be good enough to drive the MTPG or do I just need to get the regular turbines???

JUST...GET...THOSE turbine golds! (if you can comfortably afford them, I'd say the original turbines get you to about 80% of the turbine golds.

Jan 19, 2011 at 9:48 PM Post #3 of 36
I do it all the time. I personally think they sound better than my Etys or Shures (425) straight from my iPhone. The only iems that I own that sound better are my Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10s. They have a nice kick to the low-end that sounds great from a plain-jane iPhone. At home with an EQ, they need a little more work, but when you combine the great un-amped sound with the ease of putting in/taking out and the comfort factor, they're great iems for what you want.

If the money's no big deal, the Golds are really a HUGE step up from the regular Turbines (which are great little inexpensive earphones in their own right).

Jan 19, 2011 at 10:30 PM Post #11 of 36

Quote:
ok well I can get the regulars for 101 and the pros for 200

you're overpaying for both, turbines go for about $60 in the used market, $170 from onecall.com for a NIb pair of golds (gotta call them asking for the best price though)

Jan 19, 2011 at 11:33 PM Post #13 of 36

Quote:
Wait the used golds are 170 on onecall

no, that's for the openbox deal, call them (yup, that means the telephone) ask them for the the lowest price they can give for the New mptg's and they should give you $170 as there best, if they give you something higher, call again later

Users who are viewing this thread

Back