Tubular Bells - The Ultimate Edition [Box set] 2009
Jun 11, 2009 at 8:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

progo

Headphoneus Supremus
Jun 11, 2009 at 12:00 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by SleepyOne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tubular Bells, never like it one bit, ugh.... Best have a listen first say at youTube etc before purchase.

You got me wrong. See, I rate Tubular Bells very high among the best progressive albums of the 70's (basically all-time). But because I already have it in vinyl and silver, I don't know if the overly compressed 2009 mixes are worth it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh
I've ordered one of the 500 signed ultimate copies. I look forward to it getting here.

I sort of guessed it.
smily_headphones1.gif
So when you get it, some impressions about the SQ would be appreciated. Especially the "originals" of Disc 2!

Jun 11, 2009 at 9:30 PM Post #5 of 10
The 2009 mix:

I'm about 5 minutes into side one and first impressions are very good indeed. A really clean mastering which has fleshed out the frequency ends to bring in a fistful of the "fullness" that one could previously only get by having to listen to TB2003. The book is very impressive. I look forward to chewing though all three CDs and the DVD and playing the vinyl once I have my hi-fi back in a few weeks.

Jun 26, 2009 at 4:29 PM Post #6 of 10
Cambridge Audio is proud to be endorsed by music legend Mike Oldfield who advises fans…
“Do your ears a favour and play Tubular Bells through a Cambridge Audio system”

Mike Oldfield

Hehheh
smily_headphones1.gif
I wonder if the local retailers here audition the collection.

Jun 26, 2009 at 4:36 PM Post #7 of 10
This is a very good album,i already have it in sacd/cd.Mike oldfield is one of my favourite artists.But i'm not gonna buy it for a third time.

Something else : Do you know where i can find "guilty",but the long version(cd,not vinyl)

Jun 30, 2009 at 9:18 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The 2009 mix:

I'm about 5 minutes into side one and first impressions are very good indeed. A really clean mastering which has fleshed out the frequency ends to bring in a fistful of the "fullness" that one could previously only get by having to listen to TB2003. The book is very impressive. I look forward to chewing though all three CDs and the DVD and playing the vinyl once I have my hi-fi back in a few weeks.

You got your copy? I recently got an email saying, "sorry for the delay, we haven't forgotten you," etc. Of course, I think 'recently' was 'last week'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back