Tubey sounding OP Amp....?
Nov 30, 2018 at 12:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

nofacemonster

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everybody! i finally got my self a cheapo solution to drive my HD6XX for the time being. I got a FX AUDIO DAC-X6 to drive them with a 3A power supply. Everything sounds good enough for the time being till i be able to afford a bigger better amp someday (Which won't be happening soon because everything is super expensive at the moment).

I would like to try OP Amp rolling on the DAC-X6. what is the most tubey sounding OP Amp which i can roll with...?
I would like a dark laid back warmish sound signature.
it already has BB OPA2134 which sounds pretty relaxing already.

Dec 22, 2018 at 1:06 AM Post #2 of 3
Hi everybody! i finally got my self a cheapo solution to drive my HD6XX for the time being. I got a FX AUDIO DAC-X6 to drive them with a 3A power supply. Everything sounds good enough for the time being till i be able to afford a bigger better amp someday (Which won't be happening soon because everything is super expensive at the moment).

I would like to try OP Amp rolling on the DAC-X6. what is the most tubey sounding OP Amp which i can roll with...?
I would like a dark laid back warmish sound signature.
it already has BB OPA2134 which sounds pretty relaxing already.
Really hard to get a "Tube sound" out of a op-amp. The closest you might get if you like a warmer sound is just stick with BB (OPA) op-amps
Try the OPA2132 it's basically a better 2134, LM6172 is another good one. There is an op-amp thread here somewhere, take a look there for better opinions.

Dec 22, 2018 at 3:07 AM Post #3 of 3
Really hard to get a "Tube sound" out of a op-amp. The closest you might get if you like a warmer sound is just stick with BB (OPA) op-amps
Try the OPA2132 it's basically a better 2134, LM6172 is another good one. There is an op-amp thread here somewhere, take a look there for better opinions.

Thank you so much for this. I will try them both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back