Tubemagic d1 vs NuForce HDP for Q701's?
Aug 11, 2011 at 11:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

theonemav

New Head-Fier
Hello, I just got a new set of Q701's and am looking for a decent dac/amp combo that isnt a ton of cash. I currently use the UDAC2 for my pc and it just does'nt give enough juice to the Q701's (duh).... and the two dac/amp combo's that i keep seeing pop up are the D1 and the HDP for my price range (Under 500$).

I will be using it for gaming as well as listening to power/symphonic metal, so I enjoy a non-exsenuated bass and a almost bright treble for high range vocals.

Aug 13, 2011 at 9:08 AM Post #3 of 3
When I had the non-oversampling DAC-AH (modded with capacitors used instead of the opamps) and a completely stock Little Dot MkII, staging and imaging on The Classical Conspiracy was both spot-on and weird, but you might like it. By that I mean the instruments are exactly where you'd expect them to be, but the weird part is, the choir is staged in front of and below Epica, like having an orchestra pit (as in the Kodak Theater). I don't know how they were really arranged during the concert but thsi is the only headphone that put them there; not even the K1000 did that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back