Tube testers
May 11, 2023 at 3:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Rayon

100+ Head-Fier
I've been drooling after tube testers. It would be nice if it was simple to use. I think my main targets would be 6SN7 and maybe in future 300B. Use case would be tube matching for audiophile use, ie. accuracy and features according to that.

In wikipedia under modern testers it says:

The most modern testers perform a multitude of the below tests and are fully automated. Examples of modern testers include the Amplitrex AT1000, the Space-Tech Lab AudioTubeTester, the Maxi pre-amp tester and the maxi-matcher (power tubes only) by maxi test and the new, and somewhat more primitive, DIVO VT1000 by Orange Amplification. While the AT1000, AudioTubeTester and the Maxi-test brand testers offer precise measurements of transconductance/Gm and emissions/iP at full or near full voltages, the Orange tester offers a very simple numerical quality scale. The AudioTubeTester has a unique feature of quick tube matching +/-percentage display.

As DIVO looks like it's not accurate enough for this use case, the shortlist that I would use as a starting point would probably be:
Any kind of comments from experienced people would be appreciated!

P.S. I'm not doing this to save money. I'm just a soul that always likes to drill deep into different topics.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back