Tube Amp for Beyerdynamic DT990 600ohm - Darkvoice 336SE v Little Dot MKIV
Sep 10, 2010 at 4:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

lescanard

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking at getting an OTL design tube amp for my hi impedance DT990s. I've think I've narrowed it down to the LD MKIV and the Darkvoice 336SE. I want to spend in the $300-$350 range. I've checked out the Woo Audio products and I know they would be a good match but I just don't want to drop near $500 at this point.

I have owned an MKIII in the past and currently have an LDI+ and have had a great experience dealing with David at Little Dot. I also have accumulated a ton of compatible tubes to roll with it but am more concerned with the better match at this point and can collect more tubes later if I decide on the Darkvoice. I've read a lot of positive things here on the Darkvoice products. I love the DT990s - they have a powerful and rich sound - the bass is fantastic and the highs are outstanding IMO - I'm thinking an OTL tube amp would be just the right thing for these phones.

Any opinions on these 2 amps with the DT990s (or any others in this price range)? Also - where is the best place to purchase the Darkvoice Amp - Audiophile China? Older threads referred to Jasmine on ebay but I'm not seeing that seller there.

Thanks. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back