Tube amp advise needed for DT990/600. DV3322, LD mk4, Jade,...
Sep 12, 2010 at 3:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Ultrainferno

Member of the Trade: Headfonia
I’m in the market for a new tube amp, OTL for under 400$. I’ve shortlisted the Darkvoice 3322, the Audiotailor Jade and the Little Dot MKIV (so far). It will be used mainly for 600ohm Beyers, but it would be nice if they were good for low impedance headphones as well. (The amp will be used together with a Mavaudio D1 DAC)

I’ve been reading a lot on here but the treads about the Jade and the 3322 seem to be as good as dead. I really want an amp that sounds warm and that has good bass. Most people on here just tend to recommend whatever they own or have just bought (logic), but it would be very interesting to get some advice from some more “neutral” owners or headfiers that can compare these amps.

I’m leaning more to the 3322 and especially the Jade. Or should I really consider another one? I know the WA3 is great, but it’s above my budget and import taxes from the USA are just too high (so no Woo. Or Schiit which seems to be the FOTM :wink: )

Thanks in advance for helping me!

Sep 15, 2010 at 3:42 AM Post #2 of 5
No one? Really?
biggrin.gif

Sep 19, 2010 at 6:13 AM Post #4 of 5
Well I did get a message from Jasmine that the DV3322 is not being produced anymore, only a few units left in stock.
I've bought the Mav-Audio A1 tube amp after some very good reviews on here (in combination with the DT990s)

Maybe I'll buy a Jade later, I'm going to audition one here first with a new Headfi friend I found on here
biggrin.gif

Sep 19, 2010 at 9:19 PM Post #5 of 5
I don't think that A1 will power them properly. You need an OTL tube amp. Look into the PHENIX G3, is a sub $200 OTL tube amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back