TTVJ Millet Hybrid Phono Stage
Jan 3, 2008 at 8:01 PM Post #4 of 22
Hi All,

Here is the good news - the phono stage is in production and should be available in 2-3 weeks. The stock model is going to sell for $850. There will be tube options from the new stock JJ tubes to NOS Mullard and Amperex.The Mullards and Amperex will be more expensive but from what I have heard in my listening they make a big difference and are well worth the extra dough.

I should have pictures and even more info up on the site as soon as I have them built and can take a picture.

We are very excited about this product and think it will make many vinyl listeners very happy.

Jan 3, 2008 at 8:49 PM Post #5 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi All,

Here is the good news - the phono stage is in production and should be available in 2-3 weeks. The stock model is going to sell for $850. There will be tube options from the new stock JJ tubes to NOS Mullard and Amperex.The Mullards and Amperex will be more expensive but from what I have heard in my listening they make a big difference and are well worth the extra dough.

I should have pictures and even more info up on the site as soon as I have them built and can take a picture.

We are very excited about this product and think it will make many vinyl listeners very happy.

!!!

This is great news, I may have to be an early adopter.
cool.gif

Jan 3, 2008 at 9:27 PM Post #6 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjhatfield /img/forum/go_quote.gif
!!!

This is great news, I may have to be an early adopter.
cool.gif

dew eet!

Feb 18, 2008 at 9:01 PM Post #8 of 22
Hi All,

The TTVJ Hybrid Phono is being sent out this week to the first loaner member here at Head-Fi. I will be posting a thread next week to get a list of all of you who want to hear it. Please do not post in this thread or call until I post the new thread. I will not be able to take care of setting it up until the end of next week.

I have been listening to it for a couple of weeks and I can't wait for all of you to hear it. There will be 3 sets of tubes traveling with the phono stage a set of JJ's a set of Mullards and a set of Amperex. They all sound very good and I will report more on each one soon.

Thanks for your interest in this product. I think it will put a big smile on the face of anyone who listens to it.

Todd

Feb 18, 2008 at 10:41 PM Post #10 of 22
Quote:

Hi All,

The TTVJ Hybrid Phono is being sent out this week to the first loaner member here at Head-Fi.

Hmm, I wonder who that could be . . .
cool.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
cool.gif

Feb 19, 2008 at 12:34 AM Post #11 of 22
HI Voltron,

Yes indeed I wonder who that could be too... maybe it's you! I will be sending it off on Thursday. Each set of the tubes will have about 8 - 12 hours of use so none of them will be broken in yet. So you will have to use it a lot. Or at least I hope you like it enough to want to use it a lot.

Todd

Feb 20, 2008 at 12:06 AM Post #13 of 22
Hi gz76,

The loaner program is mainly for those stateside who can ship it to each other at their cost. That is the only cost of the program BUT asking someone to pay to have it shipped to you and then asking you to pay to have it shipped back is too much.

That said, once the TTVJ Hybrid phono is done circulating I would be willing to send one to you provided you follow my rules and write a review. I have a friend in Australia who also wants to try it so maybe it can be worked out where both of you get to use it and then send it back. E-mail me at todd@ttvj.com and I will try to make it happen.

Todd

Feb 21, 2008 at 4:09 AM Post #14 of 22
Quote:

HI Voltron,

Yes indeed I wonder who that could be too... maybe it's you! I will be sending it off on Thursday. Each set of the tubes will have about 8 - 12 hours of use so none of them will be broken in yet. So you will have to use it a lot. Or at least I hope you like it enough to want to use it a lot.

Todd

homer-woohoo.gif

That is awesome Todd! I am finishing a trial on friday and hope to hang out some over the next couple of weeks. I will do my fair share to burn in the unit and the tubes, all the while listening to some great records. I have not heard that Laurindo Almeida/Ray Brown record you sold me for awhile now and I need to hear on the TTVJ/Millett phono stage! I will compare it to the Antique Sound Labs phono stage that I have and maybe even the XR-10B too.

Quote:

Hi gz76,

The loaner program is mainly for those stateside who can ship it to each other at their cost. That is the only cost of the program BUT asking someone to pay to have it shipped to you and then asking you to pay to have it shipped back is too much.

That said, once the TTVJ Hybrid phono is done circulating I would be willing to send one to you provided you follow my rules and write a review. I have a friend in Australia who also wants to try it so maybe it can be worked out where both of you get to use it and then send it back. E-mail me at todd@ttvj.com and I will try to make it happen.

Todd

Very cool of you to try to work that out for gz76 Todd!

Feb 27, 2008 at 4:19 AM Post #15 of 22
Good news folks! The beauty arrived today with 3 sets of tubes as Todd advertised. I am going to set it up shortly and run some beautiful vinyl goodness through her to test her metal, or vacuum/mosfet hybridness to be more exact! I will certainly report back but I will be figuring out the proper loading for my Skala and then trying her out with my MM Grado cart on my other table. Fun stuff, no matter how you slice it! Thanks Todd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back