Triple.fi 10 Fit Issues
Jan 16, 2011 at 10:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

calipilot227

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm well aware that this is nothing new. It feels like I'm getting a seal, but It's very shallow and the isolation isn't very good. I tried the flip mod, and that only succeeded in making the highs sound weird. I've tried the included comply foamies, and when I get a seal in my right ear, I can't hear any music. So far, the large silicone tips fit the best, but the isolation is minimal at best. I'm debating whether I should try large Complys, but they aren't cheap. FYI: the only other IEMs I've used are the Etymotic ER6i, and I could only achieve a proper seal with the large triple flange tips (but they hurt like hell). Any suggestions? Will the large Complys work better for me?

Jan 18, 2011 at 7:22 PM Post #8 of 22
I'll try the Sony hybrids first. If those don't work, reshelling doesn't sound like a bad idea either, I've been considering it almost from day 1...

Jan 19, 2011 at 9:13 PM Post #9 of 22
Darn, I ordered the Sony hybrids last night, and today I found that the tips from my V-Modas fit perfectly AND give me a good seal. 
confused.gif
 Oh well, maybe I'll end up liking the Sony hybrids better after all.

Jan 19, 2011 at 9:53 PM Post #10 of 22
I just sent my TF10s away for reshelling for the same reason. It wasn't even the tips for me. My left ear's outer portion is apparently a good bit narrower, with a part that juts out a bit more than my right ear, so the actual plastic casing presses into my ear, causing a lot of pain after half an hour or so.

That said, I had an issue with the included complys. They were GREAT when they were just right, but the foam was a bit too long, extending past the nozzle, so if I pushed it in wrong, it would bunch up and block the sound. I ended up trimming a tiny amount off of them to make them shorter and they worked dramatically better. 

Jan 21, 2011 at 7:06 PM Post #12 of 22
UPDATE:

Just got the Sony hybrids today, and they fit perfectly!!! 
etysmile.gif
 (<- there needs to be a TF10 smiley)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back